What would/do you do to protect your C/F Wing from thieves?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Aside from the obvious:

- Garage (lucky sods :) )
- Take it off

any other thoughts?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
tri wing bolts or cherry locks, you will need to know someone working in the aerospace industry to get some but they would be difficult for most people to remove without the right tools.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Thanks chaps,

Si, would Tom be able to get hold of cherry locks? And am I right in thinking (after googling) they are a type of rivet?

Dopedragon, nice idea but would mean i'd have to clean my car after every time I take it out. Plus i'd need a new car cover. I already have a covercraft cover designed to fit the accord which only just about fits with the OEM spoiler :(

Oregato, image is important to me :D

liam225

Advanced Member
buy a baseball bat. i had some one try to nick my old civic spoiler in the end they didn't didn't get off so gave up.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Nice one - looks like security bolts are the way to go :)

There's always the potential that some thieves are stupid enough to think they can rip the wing off though.. I think I might install a movement sensor light on the drive.

Cheers,

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
To be honest, if a theif is wanting it enough he will take it, and if he can't get it, usually he will screw it up for you.

Thats my thinking. I know it sounds rather defeatist, but we live in a day and age where there are millions of chav scum just wondering around looking to "do something proper mental!".

oregato

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
To be honest, if a theif is wanting it enough he will take it, and if he can't get it, usually he will screw it up for you.

Thats my thinking. I know it sounds rather defeatist, but we live in a day and age where there are millions of chav scum just wondering around looking to "do something proper mental!".
completely agree with the above, they won't know its got better fixings on it, meaning if they wanted to remove it they'd just make a holy mess of it all.

what alarm have you got? does it have promixity sensors? reverse the car into your drive as close to the door as possible, prox sensors and maybe a motion light like you say.

maybe even a secure gate or something as well? just to deter them?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
oregato said:
Coldfuse said:

completely agree with the above, they won't know its got better fixings on it, meaning if they wanted to remove it they'd just make a holy mess of it all.

what alarm have you got? does it have promixity sensors? reverse the car into your drive as close to the door as possible, prox sensors and maybe a motion light like you say.

This is exactly what i'm worried about the most. The act of stealing it, whether they manage to remove it or not i.e. The damage caused.

I don't have a proxy sensor, but have been thinking it would keep going off if I had the car cover on and it was windy? (I know it's not a loud sound, but thinking of the battery). I understand your thinking though - do things to deter as much as possible. I like the reverse parking idea as my drive is inclined towards the house :xyes: .

With all said and done though. I'm not overly worried enough to not have the wing but would be a bit foolish not to think about its protection. Maybe i can fit some sort of padded chain lock to the wing and rear tow hook or maybe i'll just buy a new house :lol:

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
the only real deterrent i can see is to keep something like that out of sight, a garage perhaps?

oregato

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
oregato said:
Coldfuse said:

This is exactly what i'm worried about the most. The act of stealing it, whether they manage to remove it or not i.e. The damage caused.

I don't have a proxy sensor, but have been thinking it would keep going off if I had the car cover on and it was windy? (I know it's not a loud sound, but thinking of the battery). I understand your thinking though - do things to deter as much as possible. I like the reverse parking idea as my drive is inclined towards the house :xyes: .

With all said and done though. I'm not overly worried enough to not have the wing but would be a bit foolish not to think about its protection. Maybe i can fit some sort of padded chain lock to the wing and rear tow hook or maybe i'll just buy a new house :lol:
A garage or a car cover would be a good idea, but I for one would not use a car cover, any dirt and I'd be afraid it would make bits of the paint work.

Proximity sensors are normally pointed at the drivers and passenger side windows. I'm not sure if they cover the spoiler area. Best bet is to ask an alarm fitter. Set it to a very sensitive setting and yes it will go off, but that's the price you pay I guess.