What you think about this brake discs?

LeeH

Advanced Member
Cellox had these I think. IIRC he had some sort of fitment issue.
Best drop him a PM.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Basically they will be any old disc, Mintex, Delphi etc with the grooves put in a machine shop. If they fit they would be an OK set up with some good pads I would have thought.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I'm sure you could buy a set of OEM discs and have a local engineering company machine the grooves in and save £100 :-k

NiTrO

Advanced Member
How much are the OEM ones? I have no idea.

The grooves are not important for me. I need only good (not the best) discs for daily driving and maybe 1% track.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
NiTrO said:
How much are the OEM ones? I have no idea.

The grooves are not important for me. I need only good (not the best) discs for daily driving and maybe 1% track.

Think they cost around £43 for the fronts afaik.. just get a good set of pads, e.g.Ferodo DS2500's..

NiTrO

Advanced Member
43... thats very cheap! Thats cheaper than the OEM discs for my CE2 Accord!!!

raz786

Advanced Member
I think they're a bit more than that, think the pads themselves are around that price :?

NiTrO

Advanced Member
I must change the discs because the are shaking (is this the right name!?) when I'm braking. But only when I brake smooth. Last Time on the Track when I was braking hard, it was okay.

Hope to Fix the Problem with new Discs...

I thought the DC5 has not this shaking problem like the other hondas... :evil:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Sounds like the Disc's could be warped andmay also result in the car shuddering(vibrating) at certain speeds... Like on the Autobhan! :lol:

LeeH

Advanced Member
NiTrO said:
I must change the discs because the are shaking (is this the right name!?) when I'm braking. But only when I brake smooth. Last Time on the Track when I was braking hard, it was okay.

Hope to Fix the Problem with new Discs...

I thought the DC5 has not this shaking problem like the other hondas... :evil:
No car in immune to warped disc mate.

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
I need new discs and pads and fancied something that looked good behind the wheel. Grooved / drilled would do the trick.

Any advice from someone who has fitted these on which ones i should buy?

Dave at steels can get me grat price on OEM ones but i fancied somethign a bit different.