whats it worth

hanksie

im getting a dc5 seen a cw 52 plate with 32k on the clock it seems to be in good condition has a stainless exhaust and a mugen spoiler for 10500 does this seem too cheap or expensive and has any one heard of cutting the tag off the seat belt to try and hide the age of the car hope you can help thanks alot

mikegsi

Staff member
seems cheap imo, and no ive no idea why anyone would cut the tag off teh seatbelt other than to hide the age or teh fact that the seatbelt may not be the original one for that car which could mean allsorts (accidentss etc)

imo, steer clear

timp

Advanced Member
seems like a good price mate, i would go 11500 top on that plate depending on the reg of course.

get the vin number if you can then visit your local Friendly Honda dude and he can tell you the year of manufacture.

This was not a high volume car and some of the parts will have been made a few months at least before being fitted to the car on the line.

redcap

Advanced Member
I would put money on it having been in an accident, do not buy it is my advise. All the labels should be present and matching dates of the year of manufacture.

I looked at lots of s*it DC5's before buying mine which TBH isn't perfect but as good as I could find. I paid £12,995 from an importer on an 02 reg C Pack with 20,000 on the clock. First UK owner and it has warranty.

hanksie

redcap said:
I would put money on it having been in an accident, do not buy it is my advise. All the labels should be present and matching dates of the year of manufacture.

I looked at lots of s*it DC5's before buying mine which TBH isn't perfect but as good as I could find. I paid £12,995 from an importer on an 02 reg C Pack with 20,000 on the clock. First UK owner and it has warranty.
this car had the labels it was an other one i looked at ide bin in the show room for ten mins and he knocked the price down from 13 to 12 for a suposed 53 plate with 20k on the clock seemed sus

redcap

Advanced Member
Well you seem to be finding the cheapest Dc5's in the country, they may be genuine? my guess is that there will be a shady history.

Do they have a Japanese history for the car? Is the mileage verified with a BIMTA document? You have to be careful if you don't want to buy a dodgy one.

Good luck. :)

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
usually cars with th seat belts cut off has been thru accident as most car's belt locks up permanently when airbags has been deployed... they have to be replaced as its unusable anymore