What's latest on tyres all?

ekchris139

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Fair points. What settings do you class as aggressive geo? I think I'm only 1.5 on the front camber

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I'm running -2.7 on the front and -1.5 on the rear with 0.0 toe on my DC5 and its fairly aggressive on the road but grand on track

ste01

Advanced Member
The pulling about is just a combination of the LSD and bump steer, plus the "heavy" feeling of the hydraulic steering.

It's just how these cars are

Crackfox

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
The pulling about is just a combination of the LSD and bump steer, plus the "heavy" feeling of the hydraulic steering.

It's just how these cars are
I changed the dampening on the way home , went full soft, nearly died. Pulled over and put it 5 clicks harder than it was and it was better. Maybe just need a play about. Still curious on the tyre width though. Best not hijack this tyre thread with suspension chat.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ekchris139 said:
Has anyone tried running Michelin Cup 2 tyres on their cars yet.

Might replace the AD08R with them once need replacing
I was torn between them and the AD08R but they're substantially more expensive, ridiculous I know but the tread pattern looks naff and seemingly they're awful in the wet but fantastic in the dry. Give them a try though I'd say especially if you're looking to try something else. You'd probably be the first one on here to run them.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm running 225 all round on AD08R. I wouldn't go to 215 on the Integra. I've ran 215 in the past and the car felt soft and the tyres always looked flat. Stick to 225 and get some decent rubber. As above I've just changed from chunky Bridgestone RE070's and they were 225 but too heavy. I've now got 225 AD08R all round and they are much lighter and turn in is far sharper. They are awful from cold though, even worse than the Bridgestone were and the tread on the RE070's was almost semi slick. Lots of choice out there but AD08R when up to temperature are supposed to be fantastic and a great all rounder. Hope that helps!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I'm running 225 all round on AD08R. I wouldn't go to 215 on the Integra. I've ran 215 in the past and the car felt soft and the tyres always looked flat. Stick to 225 and get some decent rubber. As above I've just changed from chunky Bridgestone RE070's and they were 225 but too heavy. I've now got 225 AD08R all round and they are much lighter and turn in is far sharper. They are awful from cold though, even worse than the Bridgestone were and the tread on the RE070's was almost semi slick. Lots of choice out there but AD08R when up to temperature are supposed to be fantastic and a great all rounder. Hope that helps!
Mines a daily and don't fancy AD08s in this weather atm. Pretty much sub freezing when I drive it most mornings

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ekchris139 said:
I'm running -2.7 on the front and -1.5 on the rear with 0.0 toe on my DC5 and its fairly aggressive on the road but grand on track
-2.7 on the front? You must eat tyres up :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Mines a daily and don't fancy AD08s in this weather atm. Pretty much sub freezing when I drive it most mornings

Fair enough mate, I'd look at Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Supersports then. Again another very good tyre supposedly.

ekchris139

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
-2.7 on the front? You must eat tyres up :)
Its set up for track. I dont really daily drive it anymore :) let it eat tyres all it wants haha

According to the camber wear markings on the sidewall of the AD08R's there is still a fair bit of negative camber left to play :)

ekchris139

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I was torn between them and the AD08R but they're substantially more expensive, ridiculous I know but the tread pattern looks naff and seemingly they're awful in the wet but fantastic in the dry. Give them a try though I'd say especially if you're looking to try something else. You'd probably be the first one on here to run them.
Yeah I'm vert tempted to get a set just for the front and leave the AD08R on the rear.

Had a look on camskill earlier. From memory they were around 135 a corner where as AD08R were around 110ish

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Camskill normally but I got my AD08R fitted for 103 a corner at a local place so turned out to be cheaper than Camskill. Can't fault Camskill for their service, it's excellent.