Whats needed?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Well its coming into the summer month soon and I want to have all the bits needed to get my car finished.. finally!

I have Tein coil overs here, thing is I want to know exactly what ill need along with these in order to get the best geo setting for the road.

I know the car wont be going too low but Ill obviously need rear camber adjusters..

In regards to the front suspension can someone tell me what's the best set up for the front? buddy club roll centre adjusters? or inverted track rod ends?

Tried searching but cant find exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Inverted tie rod ends are expensive. Ive fitted the raised tie rod bracket as a cheaper alternative.

Regarding both though the balljoints and bracket is only needed if going fairly low

Im fitting the buddyclub balljoints soon too along with caster increase bushes from superpro while the front end is in bits.

Regards rear just camber arms are needed

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Our hardrace rear camber kit seems to be very popular lately :D
Yes ordered mine this morning from Jono and was dispatched the same day! great service, would recommend ;)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Mucho for these spirit?

Im putting 18's on and a kit so she wont be that low you reckon i wont the bracket or roll centre adjuster?

martinj46

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Our hardrace rear camber kit seems to be very popular lately :D
I'll be ordering a set in the next few months and I see you offer them as either hardened rubber or rose jointed. I'm guessing the hardened rubber option will be the most popular for road use, but how much less forgiving is the rose jointed option? Is it still acceptable for road use? Any other cons for the rose jointed option?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Other than how harsh rose joints will be (no give in them all) they will wear a lot quicker as grit can get into them and act like sandpaper.

My mate had a 306 GTI-6 and he fully Rose Jointed/Roller Ball Bearinged the front of it and it was stupidly crashy, and the car used to through ball joints every other week (it was dailyed) as it was the only weak spot in the suspension.