whats the best exhaust set up on the dc5 (opinions plz)

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
what do you think is the best exhaust set up (power-wise) for getting the best gains? :-k

opinions on what u have and experince welcome xthumbup

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
I think it Depends on what you want at the end of the day if its power or sound. When i bought mine i wanted power to looks so i opted for spoon. Toda is the best for power gains but their really expensive! But your talking only little bhp difference.

Im using a full spoon exhaust system on mine and its really good on power and sound. Alot of people dont rate the spoon N1 backbox because it is a bit loud when you throttle it but it suits me fine :)

Hope this helps.

neilaston87

Advanced Member
I find that the knowlege of how much power each exhaust makes is limted, due to the rarity of some, and the fact so many people run different set up's and on different Dynos.

I think its considered Spoon makes good power however i havent really found any information on what power the Mugen, Kakimoto, HKS etc make as most people choose them for the style and noise levels.

The Spoon makes good power on the Ep3 so thats what im going to stick to i think.

flex1984

Advanced Member
iv read on here that the amuse r1 system is very good for gains and is very lite ,but rare and exspensive

mikegsi

Staff member
neilaston87 said:
I find that the knowlege of how much power each exhaust makes is limted, due to the rarity of some, and the fact so many people run different set up's and on different Dynos.

I think its considered Spoon makes good power however i havent really found any information on what power the Mugen, Kakimoto, HKS etc make as most people choose them for the style and noise levels.

The Spoon makes good power on the Ep3 so thats what im going to stick to i think.
my spare spoon mani would suit you champion then :D

as you say because the rarer ones are rare, theres not many been tested, but i can deffo vouch for the amuse system offering the best gains over spoon from experience, i also have a kakimoto but not had it set up in comparison with the amuse

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
flex1984 said:
iv read on here that the amuse r1 system is very good for gains and is very lite ,but rare and exspensive
I've no idea on bhp but my amuse is the best sound i've ever heard from a DC5. It's also stupidly light. I bought mine used (still cost more than most aftermarkets do new) from 12T so he may be able to give you info on the gains

neilaston87

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
neilaston87 said:

my spare spoon mani would suit you champion then :D

as you say because the rarer ones are rare, theres not many been tested, but i can deffo vouch for the amuse system offering the best gains over spoon from experience, i also have a kakimoto but not had it set up in comparison with the amuse
Dont tempt me into buying more parts!
I would like a rarer exhaust, but i want try and tested gains!
PS. I already have a manifold \:D/

mikegsi

Staff member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
flex1984 said:
I've no idea on bhp but my amuse is the best sound i've ever heard from a DC5. It's also stupidly light. I bought mine used (still cost more than most aftermarkets do new) from 12T so he may be able to give you info on the gains
I have the proof that the amuse has outperformed all the other systems I've tried, IMO opinion it's the daddy, no question about it! Now I've got my first teg back I again have my amuse, (mine has the silenced b pipe) and I have to agree with the noise!

Neil, my rare yet proven kakimoto cat back is still there!

Jayk

Advanced Member
The setup's ive tried are that are worth a mention.

1. Gruppe-M
Toda Mani
Toda Exhaust
KPRO

Above set up very good, and the Noise is nice and not so intrusive, really like the Toda setup and in my opinon the Toda Manifold is the only one i would by, ive it on all 3 of my DC5's.

2. Gruppe-M
Toda Mani
Mugen Twinloop
KPRO

Nice noise from the exhaust, but soo restrictive, would not recommend it.

3. Gruppe-M
Toda Mani
BuddyClub Spec IV
KPRO

Id say on par with Option 1, but too loud for my liking.

4. Fujita F5 CAI
Toda Mani
Supersprint Unsilenced B-pipe
OEM Backbox.
KPRO

My Favourite setup, inside the cabin the noise is mild, and because the Air filter is in the bumper, no vibrations or loud intake noise in the cabin like the Gruppe-M. The Supersprint Unsilenced B-pipe and OEM back box is a F1 like sound rasp, what a combo, not much power difference compared to the Full Toda setup, couple of HP i think. Oh the supersprint is better quality to the spoon IMO, tried them both.

So in all theres not much in it, personal pref.

Hope that helps.

P.S this is what option 4 sounds like. My fav sound :D Ohh i love it.

Teggy,

The only ones we have tried and tested against anything else are obviously our own,(fact)

Buddyclub spec 3 made a 7bhp improvement against a Toda system on the same day on the same car.(fact)

Also its not all about the exhaust, we have proven on the dyno that induction systems can make up to 20+bhp difference on the same car on the same day.(irrespective of exhaust).

Check out the BHP thread to see what products make the best BHP.
for any more advice PM me. ;)

Regards,
Paul,

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
The setup's ive tried are that are worth a mention.

1. Gruppe-M
Toda Mani
Toda Exhaust
KPRO

Above set up very good, and the Noise is nice and not so intrusive, really like the Toda setup and in my opinon the Toda Manifold is the only one i would by, ive it on all 3 of my DC5's.

2. Gruppe-M
Toda Mani
Mugen Twinloop
KPRO

Nice noise from the exhaust, but soo restrictive, would not recommend it.

3. Gruppe-M
Toda Mani
BuddyClub Spec IV
KPRO

Id say on par with Option 1, but too loud for my liking.

4. Fujita F5 CAI
Toda Mani
Supersprint Unsilenced B-pipe
OEM Backbox.
KPRO

My Favourite setup, inside the cabin the noise is mild, and because the Air filter is in the bumper, no vibrations or loud intake noise in the cabin like the Gruppe-M. The Supersprint Unsilenced B-pipe and OEM back box is a F1 like sound rasp, what a combo, not much power difference compared to the Full Toda setup, couple of HP i think. Oh the supersprint is better quality to the spoon IMO, tried them both.

So in all theres not much in it, personal pref.

Hope that helps.

P.S this is what option 4 sounds like. My fav sound :D Ohh i love it.

eplys

man how many tegs u had wit all those setups :shock: :green:

xthumbup thanks for the replys lads great opinions and advise

:xnworthy:

mikegsi said:
paul hughes said:

Regards,
Paul,
And if you want advice on anything other than buddyclub pm me

Mike,
Please could you give me some advice on figures of exhausts other than Buddyclub that you have tested back to back on the same car on the same day ? :)

Paul,

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
I detect "mikegsi" has an issue with another DC5.COM User............ :xlol: :xlol:

mikegsi

Staff member
paul hughes said:
mikegsi said:
paul hughes said:

Regards,
Paul,
And if you want advice on anything other than buddyclub pm me

Mike,
Please could you give me some advice on figures of exhausts other than Buddyclub that you have tested back to back on the same car on the same day ? :)

Paul,

let me dig my sheets out and i'll certainly give you some figures on the systems ive ran

1. toda mani, hks silent hi-power, injen cai
2. toda mani, hks silent hi-power, gruppem
3. toda mani, spoon b pipe, spoon n1, gruppem
4. toda mani, spoon b pipe, oem back box, gruppem
5. toda mani, amuse r1 titanium, gruppem
6. toda mani, amuse r1 titan, spoon tb, hondata heatshield, gruppem
7. toda mani, amuse r1 titan, spoon tb, hondata heatshield, rbc intake, gruppem
8. toda mani, kakimoto regu 06&r, spoon tb, hondata heatshield, rbc intake, gruppem

unfortunately though, as im sure you expected, all these runs have been done on different days, and the latter obv with a few 'extra' performance mods

chalkie said:
I detect "mikegsi" has an issue with another DC5.COM User............ :xlol: :xlol:
absolutely not mate, and i hope the user knows that, if (and i think we are) on about the same user, then all im doing is keeping people aware of other options, paul by his own admission (and to be fair you would expect it) is only going to advise and offer on his products, he'd be daft not too, how else would he earn his crust!

i cant make it clear enough that there are no ill feelings here, if i was ever to go for anything buddyclub then i would undoubtably contact paul about it

*edited to include intakes that id forgotten to list*

Jayk

Advanced Member
20bhp with an intake? Where the test / link for this? Us this adding a Intake to a car loaded with cams, kpro etc, but OEM airbox? or something, becuase 20hp from an intake is unheard of even on Boosted cars!

Mike i love you :D

I get what your saying Mikey, but unfortunately testing things on a different day will not give conclusive true results,even on the same dyno.

We have proven this by testing the exact same car on the same dyno four days apart and only the air temp , Air Pressure in Mb,and Hygro levels had changed and there was 6bhp difference between the two tests. :-k :-k

Regards,
Paul,

Jayk

Advanced Member
So what was the initial gain? 14hp? + 6hp? What was the rest of the spec of the car? What was on it before this intake?

Jay