What's the biggest bill you've had for the 5?

jrscho

Advanced Member
(Edit: I meant more of the biggest bill you've had, understood what you's meant so yeah, biggest bill!)

Just curious to what people are spending to maintain their dc5's. Some people being lucky and spending minimum ££££ while others spend a fortune to fix things!

I'll start, so i booked my dc5 in for a full service two months ago which cost me almost £1800 at the end. Lol I was certainly abit surprised but hey Ho, needs a must if I want my car running perfectly.

Needed new camber arms as previous set were seized.
An allignment, got a fast road set up.
Front and rear discs and all pads (front brakes are 328mm stoptech big brakes so cost a bomb) :(
2 front tyres, settled with ad08R's
And then i had to get rear arches rolled due to rubbing after the allignment.

Hopefully after an oil change soon, I won't need to spend another penny for a while..

kazmo

Advanced Member
sorry, but how can you class most of the things you have listed as "service" items

Stuarty

Advanced Member
£1800 for that lot, thats insanely dear. Im glad I do mostly all work my own work on the teg or I wouldnt be able to afford it.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I agree that seems overly expensive and most of that stuff isn't really service items, as said.

jrscho

Advanced Member
Maybe I should've said biggest bill then Lol. My bad! Just cause I booked for a service and allignment so I included it all. Prior to allignment I needed new camber arms. So I had to go back in a few weeks to sort them out. Was due new tyres soon so ordered them to suit the allignment again so I just included them in my "service" too lol. And then had to get another half allignment for the rear camber arms to suit the car.

I go to Andrew Baird @ automek. Best guy I know! Sounds expensive I know, Labour is more than it use to be I'm sure but still cheaper than alot of garages!

My biggest problem were the stoptech discs, cost just over £600 alone and that's not even including fitting them :( joys of big brakes. stoptech pads were £100 odd I think, and ontop rear brakes and pads too but they were oem. So brakes alone cost me £800-900. Then labour, change brake fluid and clutch fluid bla bla and realignment. The actual service itself including the first time and both alignments came to about £1500. The other £300 were tyres, fitting them and arch rolling.

Wish I knew how to do my own work on the car as i would save so much but I know jack all!

S

stwteg

On my second teg now and the only thing I've had to shell out for is an o2 sensor in my silver- nothing else apart from general servicing

Sent from iphone

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Maintenance has been cheap for me. Most expensive has been a set of Driveshafts which was about €500 second would be a set of tyres which is about €300 for a set. Clutch cost me about €250. I have saved thousands doing work myself.

truupR

Advanced Member
Never had a whopping bill yet. Sadly I can't do next to any work myself so it's inevitable a huge bill is incoming at some point during my ownership. All my maintenance costs of the car have been staggered over the months instead of big lumps - I think the most I spent on it in one month was around £400 which was for 2x eagle f1's, front drop links, track rod ends and polybush inserts for the front and rear mount.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Over the 7 years i have owned my 5 i have spent in excess of 15K but i would not have it any other way :)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Teegwa said:
A lot!!!!
but she's soooooooooo much more fun now.
Not a service though was it!? Lol

Biggest for me is probably my clutch last year which was originally 850 quoted but I managed to find a cheaper OEM clutch kit for less, garage labour ended up being £400

dotty

Advanced Member
Biggest bill was a clutch change at TGM.. Which wasn't that big at all ;)

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Two big bills for me. First one was £2800...

Needed a new diff & bearings, upgraded to wavetrac at the time
Gearbox stripped down & checked
Engine mount
Knock sensor
Speedo drive
DBA Discs, Ferodo pads, braided lines and fluids. Plus service items and an MOT

Second one was for a little over £2K

Needed a new front subframe as someone had decided to cut the frame to get to the sump in Japan presumedly
Sump had a hairline crack, so was cleaned and welded up
Eibach pro springs, arms and bolts installed
Plus service items and MOT again

Luckily no big bills this year but the service and MOT is due within the next 2 months so somethings bound to crop up by then.

Jack

jrscho

Advanced Member
Chris-DC5 said:
Over the 7 years i have owned my 5 i have spent in excess of 15K but i would not have it any other way :)
Jeez is that all on fixing it or including performance parts too etc? :eek: