Whats the deal with sky insurance?

dangerous_mk

I rang through to sky insurance and ive never experienced such a farse in my life. First guy was my mate.. "yes mate no problems mate, whats your name again mate"

I then found myself giving the details of the car 3 times to different people, the first company they put me through to didn't know their arse from their elbow. Second company was adrian flux which gave me a poor quote so then I gave up.

Why are you guys raving about sky insurance? :roll:

Newty

Advanced Member
Its like any walk of life...sometimes you get a bad experience and it blows you away...where as everyone else does OK....

I guess you just move onto the next one!

sky insurance

Advanced Member
dangerous_mk said:
I rang through to sky insurance and ive never experienced such a farse in my life. First guy was my mate.. "yes mate no problems mate, whats your name again mate"

I then found myself giving the details of the car 3 times to different people, the first company they put me through to didn't know their arse from their elbow. Second company was adrian flux which gave me a poor quote so then I gave up.

errrrm.. this is not Sky Insurance you have been dealing with, we have passed you onto a company called call connections because for some reason we were unable to provide a quote for you. Call connections will search the market for you and will put you through to different insurance companies. Why would we transfer you to Flux, one of our competition!!
I think you have the wrong end of the stick I'm afraid.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

dangerous_mk

Ok well im going to try again today, now I have a bit more time and patience. I'll be sure to get the name of the company im diverted through to if they prove to be equally useless today as they were yesterday.

dangerous_mk

Spoke to a Danny this time from Sky. He was very helpful got me a fairly good quote without putting me through to anyone else. Was nice and easy this time around.

Newty

Advanced Member
You must have got the eager tea maker the first time...he was maybe pushing for a promotion to Help Line Care Assistant Advisor Grade C.

locky

was going to say when i spoke to sky they were nicest insurance people iv ever spoken to and really helpfull and knew his stuff

glad you got it sorted though

vito

been with sky for 3 years now. never had a problem. before i had the teg i had a jrsc jdm ep3, and the quote sky gave me blew every other company out of the water( so to soeak). fingers crossed for this year

phozy888

Advanced Member
got a better quote with A-Plan today.

was with elephant and they quoted me £900 so i think sky might have worked there figures around this.

sky quoted £891 - A-plan £691..... was hoping sky was gonna give a good quote as i heard great things from here... guess not.

ill phone few more to see if i can get better then a-plan :)

Grangey

Advanced Member
dont forget sky will try and match if not beat any competitors quotes.

sky are top people, i spoke to i think it was simon first time, and he was abit "yes mate, no mate" etc but i liked that as he was really down to earth and i spoke to him back a similar way.

rick c

Advanced Member
I've gone with Sky, top people.

That being said A-Plan were also excellent and I dare say if I'd rung them back for the 4th time they might have price matched Sky yet again.

phozy888

Advanced Member
kool ill give them another call tommorow to see if they can beat the quote.

theres no point of price matching otherwise i might aswell go with A-plan.

Stuart_M

dangerous_mk said:

I also had exactly the same experience a couple of weeks ago when my insurance renewal came through...was a very frustrating experience, was put through to all sorts of different insurance companies including A-Flux, and kept getting pestered for the rest of the day by call connections....Stayed with A-Plan in the end. Don't see why Sky couldn't quote me in the first place as every other company could (34 yrs, full ncb, no points, good area) :roll:

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Just to follow up on this, unfortunately the customer lives in a postcode which is excluded by our underwriter.

Tegi-Racer

im 22 spoke to sky insurance today and they couldnt beat my renewal quote from a-plan from wen i was 21. and i now have 4yrs ncb.

does anyone know where a 22yr old with 4yrs ncb would get a decent quote, less than 1797.00

LeeH

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
dangerous_mk said:

errrrm.. this is not Sky Insurance you have been dealing with, we have passed you onto a company called call connections because for some reason we were unable to provide a quote for you. Call connections will search the market for you and will put you through to different insurance companies. Why would we transfer you to Flux, one of our competition!!
I think you have the wrong end of the stick I'm afraid.

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Oille, let me tell you this................

When I phoned up for a quote I was transferred to these idiots too, I saw my arse and called you back. You could not offer any explanation why you did this or did you give me any warning you were going to do this.

It's something you need to address IMO.....if you cannot quote just say so, like it happened in the good ole days :?

Oh, you gave me a the cheapest quote and I took your policy....go figure.