Whats wrong with my electrics????

ladykb

Advanced Member
Hi, i have noticed in this past week and more noticeable on my 150 mile round trip to the office yesterday a few small annoying things going wrong.....

1. My stereo on start up has gone back to original setup screen and i have to set it up everytime i start the car!
  2. When driving the stereo keeps switching itself off, i counted 5 times in one song
  3. When i think i activate the alarm using my fob the alarm is going off.... Clifford AvantGuard 5.5
  4. I think sometimes the alarm isnt arming as i swear i locked the car but then its open
  5. this sounds like a silly one but its annoying me.. the driver window when you press the button would usually close or open all the way with one push.. now i have to keep my finger on the button all the way up or down

any advise or things to look out for, obviously if it was just the stereo i would check the wires but with all these things added together i assume they are all related somehow. :xconfused: :xconfused: :xconfused: :xconfused:

Thanks

Marpol

Advanced Member
  1. this sounds like a silly one but its annoying me.. the driver window when you press the button would usually close or open all the way with one push.. now i have to keep my finger on the button all the way up or down
I had this when I changed my battery, read somewhere on the forum that in needs programing again to make the one touch wind up/down work. Mine just started working again one day though :xlol:

With your stereo and the window reseting could be as simple as a low battery maybe? worth a check

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Window all the way up and straight down all the way and it might work again

As for other problems Honda electrics are extremely good, your problems are likely to stem from something that isn't Std like an aftermarket radio or alarm, it is defo worth checking the battery too

LeeH

Advanced Member
<br />Window all the way up and straight down all the way and it might work again<br />
<br />
As for other problems Honda electrics are extremely good, your problems are likely to stem from something that isn't Std like an aftermarket radio or alarm, it is defo worth checking the battery too<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You need to keep it held down at the bottom for a few seconds then at the top to reset the limits.

ladykb

Advanced Member
I had this when I changed my battery, read somewhere on the forum that in needs programing again to make the one touch wind up/down work. Mine just started working again one day though :xlol:

With your stereo and the window reseting could be as simple as a low battery maybe? worth a check
Thing is i only replaced my battery at the beginning of this year so surely it should not be that?

ladykb

Advanced Member
Window all the way up and straight down all the way and it might work again

As for other problems Honda electrics are extremely good, your problems are likely to stem from something that isn't Std like an aftermarket radio or alarm, it is defo worth checking the battery too
I have had my Kenwood and Clifford stereo and alarm for about 18 months now so not sure why now they would cause a problem, think i'll get the battery checked maybe its not holding its charge even though its new!

H105Daz

Advanced Member
My windows did the same and stopped auto winding, I mentioned that I toyed with them and the round button in front and it started working again.

I think I may have done the reset procedure by coincidence, as it works again now and the round button is an isolation switch for the pass' glass. :oops:

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Trying checking some of the earth terminals on the car, loose or corroded.

my mate had a loose earth on his dc2 and that caused radio cutting out and alarm not to arm properly, also brought his abs light on a few times

Worth a check.

ladykb

Advanced Member
Trying checking some of the earth terminals on the car, loose or corroded.

my mate had a loose earth on his dc2 and that caused radio cutting out and alarm not to arm properly, also brought his abs light on a few times

Worth a check.
Hmm I noticed my SRS light came on and went off!!!!

ladykb

Advanced Member
So it turned out to be a loose battery terminal, all fixed now i hope, just need a long drive to test it out. Thanks all :rolleyes: