whats wrong with this teg

impne

Advanced Member
I thought I saw it the other week for £12k but may be wrong

keevster

Advanced Member
Either one of two things,

1-He has made a mistake in the price( most likely reason)

or

2- Its a Con/scam

Paul :wink:

wullie

Advanced Member
i emailed im cuz i was curious and heres my reply

Hello ,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car.
The vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, no smoking. It's fun and robust to drive. Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well.
It has title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and comes with all the documents you need to register it.
I have worked in UK for the last 2 years and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Rome, Italy. I've bring the car home with me. I decided that is better to sell it because I don `t use it anymore (the wheel is on right side and is very difficult for me to drive it in Italy) and it `s a pitty to keep such a car and not to use it.
I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal Circumstances.I've wanted to register it here and keep it for me,unfortunately import taxes and European regulations made me change my mind.Now I am trying to sell it back too for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes.
The price I am looking for my car is £4,600 including the shipping costs,insurance and handling(delivery to EUROPE).
You will not have to pay additional taxes for this (VAT reclaimable).
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
Thank you and have a nice day!

im very tempted but usually if its too good to be truethen it is. sounds lik a scam to me. what u guys think??

keevster

Advanced Member
Scam :lol:

Its the oldest one in the book :lol: . Do some searches on similar car scams, and you'll see what i mean. :?:

keevster

Advanced Member
Just informed Pistonheads. At least they can check it out. They can check IP addresses ect with previous scammers, i think :roll:

griffy

Advanced Member
yep got same email, I only emailed out of interest, what I do know is I'm staying away :!: :!: :!:

keevster

Advanced Member
Sadly enough, there is probably some poor begger out there that will fall for that. Have not heard of any up until now, but i bet there has been someone :roll:

benny

Advanced Member
had the same thing with a guy in germany about a 911, thought that was far too dodgy, do poeple actually fall for this kinda stuff?

wullie

Advanced Member
it did sound too good to be true. i thot it was maybe a stolen ar and someone was tryin to get rid of it quick.

benny

Advanced Member
he cant be that intelligent cos it smells a rat straight away its just far too cheap, if it was about 8k that would be more believable! cuts other dc5s but still seams not to fishy

ausR

Advanced Member
oh yah definatey a scam, this same style has been attampted a few times here aswell.

keevster

Advanced Member
All gone :lol:

I reported it last night to pistonheads. Recieved an E-Mail today, confirming it was certainly a scam :roll:

wullie

Advanced Member
i emailed im back saying i thot it was a scam and i had no way of guaranteeing i would get the car. this is his reply

Hi,
I would like to use a shipping company for this deal, the process is very easy and I have just bought a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and this is why I know how it works.
This company will handle the delivery of the car and also they will handle all the registration papers. If we will use it you will have 5 days to inspect the car before you decide to buy it.
I will pay delivery! The delivery time will be arround 3-4 days and the car will be delivered at your home address. In this time you will receive the tracking number of the transaction so you can use it to check the status on the company website.
Let me explain you the whole proccess:
First I will need your details, full name and address. As soon as I get the info from you I will take the car and go to the shipping company to transfer it in their custody. I will pay all the shipping charges. After the car is in their custody they will send you a confirmation and also payment instructions. They work as an escrow service and will hold the payment during the 5 days period for inspection. After the payment is confirmed to them, they will get the car to your home address and will also give you the documents of registration and the car will be left in your custody, in this period you can inspect the car, take it to a service for inspection and drive test it. After the 5 days period is over the shipping company will come to you and if you decided to keep the car you will transfer the documents on your name and after the car is registered on your name they will release the payment to me. If you decide not to buy the car they will get the car back and will send you a full refund of the payment.
Please e-mail me with your decision and also your full name and address!!

Thanks

that sounds wrong to me!!!!!!!!!!

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
This is a relatively new twist on the old stolen/bouncing cheque scam... :roll:

I first came across it a couple of years back when a neighbour asked my advice after proceeding with the sale of a car abroad that was going a bit funny... needless to say he contacted the Police who advised him to not release his car until the cheque had cleared... 5 days later it bounced (it had been declared stolen by the purchaser)... :evil:

Here are a few links on how it works...

http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/car_shipping_scam.htm

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/page/12.html

Rgds