What's your favourite road?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Thought this would be a good topic as I'm looking for good roads and trips to take the DC5 on.

What's your favourite road to take your tegs?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Whitby to Lockwood Beck on the A171. Take a left to Common Dale. On then to the Stokesley roundabout. Take the first exit to Chop Gate, (Chop Yat) and eventually to Helmsley.

There's not many straight bits but the sweeping corners are sublime.

Watch out for wild animals and fast moving motorcycles.

Regards. Granty.

PS. Forgot to mention. Some sections also takes in part of the the National Cycle Route and is very popular. I'm a cyclist and I've noticed on occasions some cyclists see the car as a necessary evil. Beware.

Fez

Advanced Member
Not so much a single road.. but i did the north coast 500 in scotland 2 years ago, and that was the best drive i've ever done, but i did drive some amazing roads to get there too, from south wales, through west wales, north wales, lake district etc.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Trough of bowland, then up in to the lakes. Amazing roads round there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
I went upto Scotland to pick a meriva vxr up for my Mrs when I had my dc2 and came across some absolutely amazing roads up there and was probably my all time standout time behind the wheel of a car.

Perfect car on perfect roads 😍

Can‘t remember what they were called though 😂

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Whitby to Lockwood Beck on the A171. Take a left to Common Dale. On then to the Stokesley roundabout. Take the first exit to Chop Gate, (Chop Yat) and eventually to Helmsley.

There's not many straight bits but the sweeping corners are sublime.

Watch out for wild animals and fast moving motorcycles.

Regards. Granty.

PS. Forgot to mention. Some sections also takes in part of the the National Cycle Route and is very popular. I'm a cyclist and I've noticed on occasions some cyclists see the car as a necessary evil. Beware.
Totally agree Granty,cracking road...My favourite is one which I use 4 or 5 times per year,it`s the A 697 between Morpeth and where it joins the A 68 at Cafraemill in the Scottish borders,especially after Coldstream driving north,a great mix of straights and twisties xthumbup