What's your Intake Air Temperature?

spooke

Advanced Member
Recently been monitoring my intake temps and it's been up to 50C! Averaging 30-40C once at operating temperature during the day (20C in the mornings/evenings).

This is with a Injen MegaRam, curious to know what other people are getting. I've fitted Thermotec gaskets and tbh I've not noticed much of a change other than the manifold itself being around 15C cooler.

Mark_teg

Staff member
The temperature sensor is in the intake hose, so the difference in manifold temperature won't be detected by the ECU ;)

adam.

Advanced Member
I'd be curious to measure this against OEM airbox, compared to TegM, GruppeM, ARC etc etc.

What are you using to measure Luke?

Justintian

Advanced Member
If you have kpro4, you can data log now available on IPhone app. Inlet and exhaust temp can be read.

spooke

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
The temperature sensor is in the intake hose, so the difference in manifold temperature won't be detected by the ECU ;)
Yes that's a fair point :) I'm no physicist so I don't know how much it would be affected?

adamlstr said:
I'd be curious to measure this against OEM airbox, compared to TegM, GruppeM, ARC etc etc.

What are you using to measure Luke?
I'll put the OEM box on at some point and test it back to back. I'm using a OBD2 Scanner, it's a "Turbo Gauge" (Scan Gauge clone), shows IAT, ECT, RPM etc. and can read codes.

JT's said:
If you have kpro4, you can data log now available on IPhone app. Inlet and exhaust temp can be read.
That's good to know, curious to know what others are getting.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Apexi cone filter, mugen rep vented bonnet and also have the scoop from a Tegiwa M I once had.
Stationary it got up to 36 degrees, cruising around 30, on a blast it got down to 28 near max revs and after the 15 min drive down to around 21.

Hobs

Mine has the Mugen airbox & the Mugen scoop, and it get up to 30c+ in traffic.

Driving normally or on the motorway it will hold around 20-23c, on a blast I have seen it increase to 27c ish but comes back down fairly quickly once driving normally again.

I do find if sat it traffic for a long time it's very hard get the temps to come back down below the 26-27c mark.

It would be interesting to she what the teg m gives in the line of intake temps