Wheel advice 16" on dc5

justJDM

Advanced Member
Hi i was woundering if anyone is running 16" on there dc5's? Any pros and cons? Et33 would this be ok with breaks ect?

Thanks in advance.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Heres mine with Rota Slipstreams in 16x7" ET40 with what I think was 205/50/16 Federal RSR tyres.

Kind of regret getting rid of them They looked amazing on my EP3, think they would have actually looked great on the DC5 but they were already sold by that point.

I think with ET33, you are either going to have some poke or need a lot of camber to get them "in" the arches.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
they can hit the brakes , it really depends on the design of the back face of the wheel, but with et33 that will help with brake clearence, it wont help with arch clearence , they will be very close, possibly too close and as suggested above, may need some serious camber to fit under

justJDM

Advanced Member
Cheers for the feedback guys, so even though they're 16" will that not give me a little more clearence?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Depends what size of tyres you fit.

You want something that will give as damn close to oem circumference as possible so you don't knock the speedo out. Also anything smaller will look lost in the arches.

The only thing 16" will do is possibly be lighter than 18" depending on the wheels, and because there is more tyre the ride you be comfier, but with a medicore tyre the handle will be pretty woolly.