Wheel nut size

corbie

Advanced Member
Hi All

I'm looking to buy Mcgard locking nuts for my DC5 and need to know what size of locking nuts to buy?

I know they are the same size as the civic and when I asked honda what the size was, they said the same size as every other honda :roll: and couldn't tell me any more.

I don't get my DC5 till the 5th so can't measure them myself.

Cheers

Corbie

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hello mate

Well I think its 19mm. When I got my DC5 I went into a Honda garage and bought a set of locking wheel nuts off the shelf and they fitted.. so basically they are no different than a civic

JOM

Advanced Member
Corbie,

I agree with UW your local Honda dealers will be able to help you out.

I seem to remeber them bieng about £30 when I got mine, but there should be less change of breakage than with other aftermarket ones.

James

corbie

Advanced Member
Hi Guys

Cheers for the reply’s it was my local Honda garage that I phoned. The parts department said oh its not on the computer I’ll go and ask a mechanic he was the one that said that all Honda wheel nuts are the same size. Then he said go to one of your mates who own a Honda and measure his nuts. :oops: Might try another dealer.

I don’t want to buy the Honda ones as I’ve read that you can sheer them if you apply too much pressure and after reading a few reviews Mcgard seemed to be one of the better ones and they cost about the same. I’ve mailed Mcgard and I’ll post the size for anybody who is interested.

Corbie

corbie

Advanced Member
For anybody interested the size is

M12 x 1.5 thread size, radius seat (R12), 29.9 mm total length and a 19 mm hex size

Corbie

wipdesigns

I don‘t get this I‘ve just gone out with my 19mm that I used on all my 90s hondas and it‘s too big!? I had to try a 17mm which still feels a tad too big ? Confused? Can there be aftermarket nuts that are smaller than oem?