Wheel nuts (red)

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Looking for a set of red wheel nuts, where do ppl buy online & is there a better brand to go for?

Thanks in advance,

:)

S

Sumo Power

I have some J's Racing avaliable in red , they are awesome - I can PM you prices if needed

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Yea sure send me a price no harm, would need postage to Dublin, Ireland though.

Rob R

Advanced Member
I got some Muteki SR35's from Eight Speed. Have a look in their traders page on this site, there's some info on them there.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Aftermarket wheels or oem?

the seat of the nuts are different and should not be mixed up as the wheel isnt properly secured and could come off at any time, many people have used them mismatched and have been lucky but its really not a good idea.

the aftermarket nuts have a Taperd seat while the oem has a radiused seat, if you use a tapered nut on an oem wheel the nut is only contacting the nut by a very small amount this then can cause alot of stress on the nut and could cause it to fail, especially if they are alloy

hondazzz

Advanced Member

the seat of the nuts are different and should not be mixed up as the wheel isnt properly secured and could come off at any time, many people have used them mismatched and have been lucky but its really not a good idea.

the aftermarket nuts have a Taperd seat while the oem has a radiused seat, if you use a tapered nut on an oem wheel the nut is only contacting the nut by a very small amount this then can cause alot of stress on the nut and could cause it to fail, especially if they are alloy
Sorry for hijacking the thread but what is your personal opinion on conversion washers?

firthy22

Advanced Member
Sorry for hijacking the thread but what is your personal opinion on conversion washers?
They do the job but are very thick and make the nuts appear to stick out a long way. Plus the fact that they reduce the number of threads in contact, I personally wouldn't use them.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
They do the job but are very thick and make the nuts appear to stick out a long way. Plus the fact that they reduce the number of threads in contact, I personally wouldn't use them.
yes thats what i was thinking too when i saw a pic of the washer with the wheel nut ...thanks mate!

Jemmy

Advanced Member

They are OEM wheels, thanks for the help guys I just don't have a clue!

firthy22

Advanced Member