Wheel problem

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Hey chaps, got a small problem that I noticed while cleaning the car today. While cleaning the wheels (white) I notice that some of the spokes have marks in that look like something has been spilt on them like oil or road grime that has got wet and run leaving blackish marks that are impossible to remove.

I dont want to get to agressive with a scourer and damage them, so is there a neat trick or product that will remove these marks?

rodney

Advanced Member
Probably a tyre shine product?

A polish should shift it like Autoglym SRP or Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
sounds like caked in brake dust, a good wheel cleaner will bring them up good as new, or if you fancy scrubbing polish will get them off with abit of elbow grease.

Once you do get your wheels good as new then make sue you seal them with something like poorboys wheel sealant as it will stop dirt getting caked in and will be much easier to keep them looking clean.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
It sounds like its just grime build up.
Ive used alot of different cleaners and found autoglym wheel cleaner to be the best. Just a quick spray and clean with a brush will get it off.

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Cheers. My last car had polished rims and they were ruined within two years! Mind you they were Rotas... :-( At least these are fully painted.

skerr406

Advanced Member
mate use auto glym clean wheels, a cheap toothbrush from asda or somewhere and some water. i had the same problem, took me around an hour to remove off my wheels. start soft and then put some elbow grease into it. i swear it gave me really good results!

Marpol

Advanced Member
I use halfords wheel cleaner, I havent come across anything that is as good as this stuff!

Its like a thick liquid you just brush onto the wheel with the supplied brush and leave for a few minutes then give it a bit of a scrub with a rough sponge and the wheels come up good as new!

Then like previously said use a wheel sealant to stop the dirt accumulating! ;)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Its horrible, but once its off you deffo need a wheel sealant. Makes such a difference for future cleans.

only a before but no after pic..

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
Two products i would highly recommend would be:

• [*:2eenvxpp]CarPro Iron X
    [*:2eenvxpp]Valet Pro Bilberry

From This:

Working Its Magic:

skerr406

Advanced Member
wish i had photos to show the difference mine made :-(

i just got some alloy wheel sealant so will be using that next time the car needs cleaned.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Coupe Rob said:
Two products i would highly recommend would be:

• [*:fazgva47]CarPro Iron X
    [*:fazgva47]Valet Pro Bilberry
Valet Pro Bilberry is an awesome product, I can't rate it enough. It seems to leave a conditioner on the wheel, meaning the more times you use it, the easier it gets. It doesn't dry out the paint like Autoglym Clean Wheels/Custom Wheel Cleaner either.

I will always buy it, as long as they continue making it, as you couldn't ask for a better wheel cleaner. =D>

H105Daz

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Its horrible, but once its off you deffo need a wheel sealant. Makes such a difference for future cleans.

only a before but no after pic..

Thats exactly my problem, will give the Halfrauds cheap stuff a go first thanks chaps.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
H105Daz said:
Thats exactly my problem, will give the Halfrauds cheap stuff a go first thanks chaps.
Watch out with the cheap stuff, some have a high acid level and damage the paint on the wheels.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Autosmart Tardis will remove most marks. Has to be used with respect though as it's basically white spirit.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
H105Daz said:
Coupe Rob said:
Valet Pro Bilberry
Hmm noticed this on ebay, save me shopping for it I suppose if Halfords stuff is a bit viscous! :xconfused:
Get a litre, you'll be able to make up 5 litres from it, which will last a very long time. I promise that after few cleans, there will be no looking back! 8)