Wheel re-ferb, what do you think? (with added photo's)

obizzle32

Advanced Member
photo (5).JPGphoto (6).JPGphoto (7).JPGphoto (4).JPG

Had my wheels re-done this weekend just gone by a friend, I no it won't be to everyone's taste but opinions are welcome. Let's us no what you think :xwavey:

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I don't want to run down your car, because if you like it that's awesome and all that really matters but IMO it's not my cup of tea at all. But then again I don't think any wheel other than OEM looks right on DC5s.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Would like to see a Side on picture as its hard to tell. Looks like a nice job and a lot of my mates do similar things to their wheels. Personally from that pic I'd have to say not to my taste but if air play for trying something different and it's probably gonna grow on me, as long as your happy nothing else matter

Aly

Advanced Member
Yeah lets see a few more pictures, im surprised youve not been flamed off the forums yet. They must be having the night off. :)

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Like Olly said
Some side view and angle shots would conclude my opinions

Each to their own so good for you bud

All I would say is that the white centre will eventually go black after a couple of stops! :D

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Yeah lets see a few more pictures, im surprised youve not been flamed off the forums yet. They must be having the night off. :)
Laugh out loud, I thought there might be a few comments by now. It's a good mix though between purests and those who try to be different. So much more experimenting going on these days, get some more pics up mate

firthy22

Advanced Member
Black looks a bit of a rough finish but could just be the light and pic. Need pics in daylight from different angles, I can see what you are trying to do but not sure gloss black is the best option, matt or satin finish would look better.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Looks pretty cool, maybe better pictures, if i was going to do something outrageous i probably would have chosen different colours. Red to green or something with the transition. :xyes:

obizzle32

Advanced Member
I was thinking of going from black into red but changed my mind as I did not want to go over the top and thought the colour scheme would suit?!? What the picture also don't show is in the black the is a slight gold flake but to be honest you carn't really see it unit up close. Have also added more photo's for some of the oem lovers to hate on haha :xhaha:

Obie

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Weird thing is I think if it was a DC2 it would look really good. I like the DC5 for its refined looks though so not to my personal taste. Owning a DC5 has even made me think twice about going down the carbon bonnet route since buying the car and I've ALWAYS wanted carbon on a white car.

Track car or not though I think these machines have a real touch of class. As said though, fair play for being different. :xyes:

gibby85

Advanced Member
Not my cup of tea mate. Looks like they are massive, white centre caps! xthumbsdown if they were different colours like Coldfuse says i might be swayed. Black and white is too much of a contrast for me.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
curse! That looks MENTAL! not seen anything like that before... rolling that must look some crazy optical illusion?

Running on Shurikens!

G Man

Advanced Member
Not keen.

I can't stop thinking about how it would look the other way around though (as in white on the outside fading into black in the middle) - Still don't think it would be my cup of tea but really want to see.

Porthos, can you be bothered with some Photoshop magic?

Grov

Banned
I don't want to run down your car, because if you like it that's awesome and all that really matters but IMO it's not my cup of tea at all. But then again I don't think any wheel other than OEM looks right on DC5s.
Volk CE28's always looks the dogs.