Wheel Refurb Gloucestershire?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Im looking to get a 4 wheel refurb done and trying to find some recommendations, but not finding much to be honest. Had a look on Pistonheads and Lepsons is highly regarded but no longer have a Swindon branch.

Unfortunately i caught the rear driver side wheel on an annoyingly sharp corner and hit the kerb so its got a little dent in it now, but it drives absolutely fine with no vibrations at high speed so quite lucky really. At the same time they're not really looking their best as they have kerbing on the edge of the rim from previous owners and general wear and tear.

They're supposed to look like this, they're Kyowa 206 Flat Black RS if you were wondering...

But im going to have the red lip done so its closer to the colour of the Type R decals, as originally its kind of an orangy red which doesn't match the decals or calipers.

So does anyone have any recommendations for good quality work and pricing in Gloucestershire area?

Cheers!
Max

scottj15

Advanced Member
I'd also be interested in this as I'm looking at getting mine touched up and sprayed. I know my brother (who's also local) is looking at getting his CTR wheels sprayed so perhaps if we get enough of us together we could get some sort of group discount? Just food for thought...

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Nice idea Scott, if nobody has any ideas i'll probably end up going to reinventingthewheel.co.uk as recommended by the paint shop across the road from my work (BP Motor Body Builders).

These guys are top notch and I see all sorts of amazing cars in there all the time, granted the majority of work is accident repair from insurers but a taste of what ive seen having work done is things like and old Jag E-Type, a Nissan skyline R34 gtr v spec ii nur, lots of historic rally cars and that's just the tip of the iceberg. They specialize in rally car restorations.

So the reinventingthewheel guys specialize in just wheels as you might have guessed and it seems they have courtesy cars available too, so win win we can still drive to work :)

I think im going to pop by there after work this week as they're open until 17:30 and I get off at 16:00, so worth having a look and getting a face to face consult me thinks, i'll ask them about group discount too while im there but I think it would be worth knowing what kind of work needs doing and how many wheels before I ask.

So what exactly needs doing on yours and your mates EP3? Just kerbed rims repaired and resprayed?

scottj15

Advanced Member
Sounds good, have just spoken to my bro. Weirdly he's just got off the phone from reinventing the wheel this afternoon and was told £60-£85 per wheel.

He's said his wheels are not in awful condition but there are a few nicks here and there which will probably need sorting. His main reason for getting them done is they have been sprayed a dark grey colour and he wants them white so I think they would need fully stripping down anyway.

As for mine they are in pretty good condition except for one which I kerbed a couple weeks back :xaiweb4: I can get some pictures if its easier but again I'm looking at having them sprayed white.

I suppose even £50 a wheel for all 12 would be pretty good considering what they normally cost :xhappy: