Wheel size help, i know i know

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I appreciate this is all covered somewhere and I have been looking and reading everything but a lot of contradictions so I would just appreciate some help,

Will 17x7.5 et35/et38 fit on the dc5, I am about 20mm lowered on meister r and not rolled arches,

Thanks for any help guys,

Sam

Chewy

Advanced Member
Fronts will be fine.

Rear you'll need the arches rolled, -1.5 agrees camber minimum, nothing wider than a 215/45 and you may find you'll need to raise the car slightly if it's still catching after all that.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
While we are on the subject of 7.5" wheels.

Does anyone know if 7.5" ET45 will fit standard arches with 225's?

Cheers

GillyDC5

DC5Curn said:

Cheers
Yes they will mate, my assetto gara's are that offset and they are fine, lowered about 20-30mm.

Forgot to say thats with 225 RE070

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Fronts will be fine.

Rear you'll need the arches rolled, -1.5 agrees camber minimum, nothing wider than a 215/45 and you may find you'll need to raise the car slightly if it's still catching after all that.
Thanks for the reply man, how much is it to roll rear arches any idea? Also it's for a swap so I suppose driving up and swapping them driving back with them is out of the question?

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Thanks for the reply man, how much is it to roll rear arches any idea? Also it's for a swap so I suppose driving up and swapping them driving back with them is out of the question?
Do you know what size tyres are on them?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Think it's £50 a side, it isn't hard to do as it's just the lip that needs folding. Have a look to see if it's already been done as quite a lot have.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Think it's £50 a side, it isn't hard to do as it's just the lip that needs folding. Have a look to see if it's already been done as quite a lot have.
That's not too bad I suppose but I would still rather avoid it, but no I clean my arches weekly and they are definitely not rolled lol

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Think they are 215 mate
You may get away with driving it home then but personally I wouldnt risk it. I once had a clio that I put wheels on with too wide an offset. Burst a back tyre and damaged the rear wing on the 1st hard corner. I was lucky the road was quiet

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
DC5Curn said:
You may get away with driving it home then but personally I wouldnt risk it. I once had a clio that I put wheels on with too wide an offset. Burst a back tyre and damaged the rear wing on the 1st hard corner. I was lucky the road was quiet
Yeah that's sufficiently put me off lol I think I will just wait for some et42+ to come along, I'm just struggling to find a second hand black set of wheels in the spec I need with half decent tyres, just have to be patient!

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
You will be fine with a rear arch roll mate. I just wouldnt advise driving on them before its done though 👍

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
DC5Curn said:

Cheers
Were you talking about my Lenso's? haha yes they do fit standard arches :D

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Were you talking about my Lenso's? haha yes they do fit standard arches :D
Haha no I wasn't but I do really like them, would you pm me your best price?