Wheel size/tyre problem, which ones?

JT3173

Advanced Member
I will be in the market for some new wheels soon and like the Rota Circuits and the Rota Fighter, the Circuits come in the correct size 5x114 et45 17x7.5 but the ones I really like more due to being like the Volk CE28n are the Fighters, they only come in 16 inch form though 5x114 et40 16x7.
My current tyre, the Bridgestone Potenza RE070 is a great tyre and short of running semi slicks I doubt I will find anything else available in 16 inch should I decide on the Fighter wheels.
If I choose the Fighter, can anybody think of good tyres for general fast road, I have seen the Hankook RS2 mentioned on here but dont know how they would compare to the RE070.
I am also worried that if I get the wrong et like a 40 it will cause my car to sit ontop of the tyre and not the tyre inside the arch like I would prefer.
I do have fully adjustable dampers so I can lower or raise the car but I dont want the car on top of the tyres again.

Further to this does anyone have any photos of DC5's on 16 inch wheels?

Thanks

kingston

Advanced Member
i found the RS2's and RE-01R's very evenly matched when on track, ok im no racing driver etc but found they suited each other well.

The RE-01R's are Bridgestones semi-slicks (now RE-111R's) though being an 'old' design, the RE-070's maybe better - if you know what i mean.

Will the rims just be track specific and wont be running around on all the time or...?

JT3173

Advanced Member
If I got 16's I was going to use them as normal day to day wheels but I have been thinking about the calipers and also the ground clearence, there will not be much and that could lead to problems I think.
I will go for the Rota Circuit 10's I think 17x7.5 so I can stick with the 070's.