wheel spacers safe ?

Rom

Advanced Member
If you go larger, they are bolt on type.
So the spacer bolts to the hub, with 5 new nuts. This has 5 new studs, that the wheel then bolts too with the original 5 nuts.

Lots of people running higher, myself included. Ive been on 20mm all round for months.

RichA

Advanced Member
I ran 20mm front and rear for a while including a couple of trackdays and no issues at all

MrRy

Advanced Member
Ran 8mm on the front and 6mm on the rear for a year with no probs. They came with the car.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Cool, so up to 10mm you still have plenty of bite on the nuts ? Can any one recommend any ? Looking at up to 10mm

Zani

Advanced Member
Hi phil i would ring TGM to ensure oem nuts on spacers is safe. Some of these guys may be using extended wheel studs or like some one said they have bolt on spacers so completely different to your question

2ndy

Advanced Member
My car has standard wheel studs and I currently have 5mm spacers and they are fine. I wouldnt go with 10mm as your not really getting the wheels nuts on with as many turns as you would like to

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't go more than 5-6mm on the front , certainly not 10 if the std studs are fitted .the wheel nut is supposed to engage 1.5x the thread diameter . So if we have m12 thread it should engage 18mm . The Oem nut isn't much bigger than that anyway ( maybe 25mm max)

Eibach do 15mm and upwards bolt ons which I would have no problem fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
I run 5.5 mm on the front, that gives me 6 full turned on the nuts, (aftermarket wheels & nuts)
I have heard that you need a minimum of 4/5 full turnes to be safe, id say 5-6mm is your absolute limit

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I had 5mm fronts and grinspeed recomended longer spacers as there wasnt enough threads.

I thin Si mentioned it but it should be 1.5 times the stud diameter so 18mm thread.

So i removed the spacers for now as i track my car and dont want any risks.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Quick question. I'd like my OEM wheels to come out a bit further, not massively as I don't want them sticking out too much. Would 5mm spacers do the job? Also where's the best place to get some from?

dave7368

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Quick question. I'd like my OEM wheels to come out a bit further, not massively as I don't want them sticking out too much. Would 5mm spacers do the job? Also where's the best place to get some from?
with oem wheels i think 15~20mm spacers would look better, jono RE Spirit does the eibach ones i believe, though personally i would get wheels wider and with a lower off set and not use spacers.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Nice one Dave! Thanks for the great advice. Wider wheels is something for the future for sure but just as a stop gap for now more than anything. Thanks again for your help.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
we have 15mm eibach bolt on ones on the rear of the s2000 (the 11" et12 wheels arnt quite wide enough) they are tuv approved, very well made and i would have no worries using them on track