Wheel Spacers

Liam-DC5

Has anybody got any picture of the standard wheel fitted with spacers? I need to see some pictures before I buy as I don't want them catching the arches.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktm108

Advanced Member

15mm on the front, 20mm on the back. On eibach springs.... It's close on the back! Would possibly rub if loaded right up but Iv have no issues bud :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
WalshDC5 said:
Slightly off topic but will EP3 spacers fit a DC5?
wheel spacers arent car specific, they are measured buy the PCD of the wheel studs.

but yes, spacers from an EP3 will fit DC5

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
wheel spacers arent car specific, they are measured buy the PCD of the wheel studs.

but yes, spacers from an EP3 will fit DC5
Yeah I'm aware of that, I just wanted to check that all the measurements were the same for the DC5

FireDance

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Anyone seen the TDI NORTH facebook page re. spaces?

Pic:

I have OMP ones & have lasted ages. Mine are different to them as well, I used longer hubs studs.

Buy Eibach ones are they are amazing

beppe786

Beppe
J'sRacing one come off my Car 20mm and 26mm / wont need them on my new car might be up for sale

Quality is class

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Anyone seen the TDI NORTH facebook page re. spaces?

Pic:

Just seen this!
Tdi said they won't name the brand but seems that a lot of people are saying Tegiwa?!

Brophy

Advanced Member
Tegiwa & super gt use black.

I'm running a set of super gt ones and not had any problems, but I always copper slip mine.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I've only ever used the H&R hubcentric spacers, but as Brophy said, copper slip to try and reduce moisture where ever possible. Well that's what I have always assumed copper slip to achieve at least.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Are you guys using a torque wrench when fitting spacers and if so what torque are you setting them to? Had one guy tell me it needs to be 80nm, can anyone confirm?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
WalshDC5 said:
Are you guys using a torque wrench when fitting spacers and if so what torque are you setting them to? Had one guy tell me it needs to be 80nm, can anyone confirm?
you should torque to the spacer manufacturers spec.

i would always go for hubcentric, it makes fitting the wheel easier, and use a brand that are TUV approved such as eibach or H&R , tuv testing is stringent so you should get a decent product

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you cant find the torque setting, you can use generic torque for the thread size.
heres a chart to guide you. these settings arent gospel and would always be overridden by a manufacturers setting.

wheel bolts are M12 , not sure of tensile strength but would be 10.9 or 12.9 .