Wheel spacers

rexs

What is max and safe size spacers to fit over std wheel studs?
Also how much does the spoon springs lower the car?
rexs

Sonny1

Advanced Member
I had 15mm hubcentric spacers on the oem rims and standard studs and had no problems. Have since changed to a different set of rims.
I'm on b14 coilovers so cant help ya with the info you need on the Spoon springs

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
for non bolt on spacers i would say 3mm max although you might get away with 5mm depending on the wheel style.

the rule of thumb is you should have 1.5 x the thread diameter of engagement for the nut , so 1.5 x 12 =18mm the nut should engage with the stud 18mm minimum

rexs

Thanks C&S that's the spacers I meant.
Just need to know the spring drop now, scotty are you running 17s with 215s? what sort of gap did you end up with the B14s? any pic,s
Thanks rexs

Sonny1

Advanced Member

Thats the only picture I have before I changed wheels and was on 215s

Sonny1

Advanced Member
If I rem right its -1.40° at the rear and -1.05° at front. Have a print out somewhere but cant find it lol

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
ScottyDc5 said:
If I rem right its -1.40° at the rear and -1.05° at front. Have a print out somewhere but cant find it lol
Increase that front camber. You ideally want more or at least the same up front

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
15mm Hubcentric spacers from eibach (used on 90% of my cars and always bought new) on OEM wheels. Just the right amount of width IMO

Sonny1

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Increase that front camber. You ideally want more or at least the same up front
Yeah going to get it redone when car back on the road. Want it raised slightly and more camber on it with the new wheels.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
ScottyDc5 said:
Yeah going to get it redone when car back on the road. Want it raised slightly and more camber on it with the new wheels.
Sounds good mate. Don't push the rear camber too much more than what you got now, chuck more on the front. Should be good to go

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk