Wheel stud replacement

flex1984

Advanced Member
i need to replace a wheel stud for my dc5, can u buy and change them individually?

Or do need to change the whole lot?

flex1984

Advanced Member
O and its on the rear aswell

Also would anyone know how to go about changing it, is it a big job

phozy888

Advanced Member
£3.25 + vat from honda........ easy to take out - once the pad,disk, etc are off just hammer them out.

phozy888

Advanced Member
phozy888 said:
actually i had to drill the stud out on mine...fuking nightmare... the wheelnut had sheered off and sitting flush against the wheel.. i had to drill the stud out so mine was like half the size. if theres not enough space then get a angle grinder and cut the stud in half then hammer it out.

aaahhh bollocks i still got another one to drill out.... ahh sigh.. :(

Dan B

It's a fairly simple job really, i did one on my MR2 a few weeks back.

Wheel, disc, brakes off to get to the hub, hammer out the old stud (or drill it if you need to)

New stud in the hole, it needs to be pulled in so it sits flush with the back of the hub, don't hammer it! I used an old wheel bolt and some washers (so i could tighten the nut without running out of thread) to pull the stud through while using two spanners - one to tighten the nut, the other to stop the hub moving while tightening it.

Once the bolt is through, take the bolt off and put brakes, disc and wheel back on

Hope that helps :)

cpoh

Advanced Member
You dont have to take the disk off at the back.You can simply hammer it out once the wheel is off from memory.

Its a 10 minute job for a guy who knows what he's doing, 90% of the time the stud will pop out with a little persuasion from a hammer once there a bit of the broken stud sticking out.

flex1984

Advanced Member
It should hammer out because the stud is still fully there, its just the thread is nackered.