When did you buy your DC5?

Erm

Advanced Member
Just want to get an idea of when everyone got their DC5.

Its 10 years this September since I got mine a "51" plate that arrived in September 2003 with 36000km on the clock (imported it myself)

Just over 100k miles on the clock now. Almost everyone can't believe I've had the car for this long but there's literally nothing else about in the price bracket I'd pay for a car that provides as much bang for the buck, is as rare, able to be used as a daily drive and big enough and sensible enough to be our main car.

scottj15

Advanced Member
5 Days ago! :xgrin: But 10 years is good going! Does it still drive like day one? Gearbox still tight? Still pull the same?

Erm

Advanced Member
scottj15 said:
5 Days ago! :xgrin: But 10 years is good going! Does it still drive like day one? Gearbox still tight? Still pull the same?
10 years is a long time to remember!

You get used to the speed etc. I went from a 1.6 Peugeot 206 to my DC5 so it felt like a rocket at first :xvtec: :xlol:

Gearbox is still as good as ever, regular gearbox oil changes must have helped. Whilst the car doesn't feel as fast as when I got it as I wasn't used to the speed pretty sure it still pulls as good as it did when I first got it.

How have you enjoyed your 5 days so far?

scottj15

Advanced Member
Erm said:
10 years is a long time to remember!

You get used to the speed etc. I went from a 1.6 Peugeot 206 to my DC5 so it felt like a rocket at first :xvtec: :xlol:

Gearbox is still as good as ever, regular gearbox oil changes must have helped. Whilst the car doesn't feel as fast as when I got it as I wasn't used to the speed pretty sure it still pulls as good as it did when I first got it.

How have you enjoyed your 5 days so far?
I've gone from a 2 litre BM diesel to the DC5 so like you it's a completely different drive...and I'm loving it!

Lets just say I expect to be starting a similar topic to yourself in 10 years time :xgrin:

coconat

Advanced Member
Finally got mine in April two months ago from a 1.2 Corsa as my first car, not one day has gone by i've not loved every second driving it, I can see me holding onto him for a long, long time

turbo5

Advanced Member
I bought mine in August 2005. it was about the 2nd or 3rd facelift in the UK it had about 3000KM on it. today its got 48K miles. still love it, not found anything that ticks boxes like this to replace it with.

boz5r

Advanced Member
had mine for seven years now,daily driver and 166k miles,and if anything feels faster than when i got it.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
2 years and 4 months, i spent 6 months trying to find a replacement for the DC2 which I had for 5 years, nothing ticked all the boxes except the DC5 :)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
turbo5 said:
I bought mine in August 2005. it was about the 2nd or 3rd facelift in the UK it had about 3000KM on it. today its got 48K miles. still love it, not found anything that ticks boxes like this to replace it with.
Totally agree..got mine in Aug 05 too,it was the 1st blue facelift exported out of Japan to Europe(apparently!) had 1440kms when I got it,it had been a demonstrator for a Honda dealership...now got 31k miles on it.....there`s still nothing that I`d replace it with,absolutely nothing can compare for me at the price xthumbup

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
coconat said:
Finally got mine in April two months ago from a 1.2 Corsa as my first car, not one day has gone by i've not loved every second driving it, I can see me holding onto him for a long, long time
Natalie did I see you going around the Silverlink Roundabout today(Thurs)about 10.30am?

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
I've had my DC5 since February 21st 2012 :D had a brand new Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart 1.5 Turbo for like 5 months before it.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Im on my 2nd dc5 which I've had for 2 years this month,the first one lasted 6 months before it was written off ( don't ask )
After 6 years of owning 3 dc2s there was nothing else out there for the money that fitted my requirements.
I love my teg but I have to admit not quite as much as my old dc2.it's like remembering ex girlfriends,you might have loved them all but each one a bit differently.
I have thought about getting a newer car for the same money as I could sell the teg for but the only car I can think of that comes close is a megane r26.......but it's French and a Renault.

Erm

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
BTW...where have you been Erm? Haven`t seen a post from you for ages :xhuh:
I've been about just more of a lurker than poster. Been filling my spare time spending money on my racehorses rather than the car (bar the obligatory engine oil change every 5-6k miles and brake fluid and gearbox oil and any bits that had to be serviced), and believe me the horses are much more expensive to run!!! My avatar is a pic of my current horse "Storm Runner".

Recently opened up a garage though doing MOT testing (class 1, 2 ,4, 5L and 7) , servicing and repairs so having a mechanic there all the time that when we're not busy working on customers cars has meant I've had him doing all the little bits I've been putting off doing myself so that's brought me back to the forum as an active poster. He'll be a DC5 expert in no time :xgrin:

Due to get the front end resprayed and wheels refurbed in the next month as the amount of stone chips on the bonnet/bumper/wings are annoying me! Its been such a hassle free car though. Apart from serviceable items like tyres, brake pads, batteries, oil changes etc only had to change an o2 sensor and sort out an annoying rattle.

Good mix of people having their cars for a while and newbies xthumbup

Mark_teg

Staff member
5 years and 8 months :)

Was offered £8k for it the other day by a guy at work. I kindly said no, to the shock of many! As above, without adding a big chunk of cash, there is nothing I'd replace it with! FD2 maybe, but that's another debate!