When does your empty light come on?

RobS

Advanced Member
My needle is between the last 2 black pips, when does the light usually come on guys?

Cheers

RobS

Advanced Member
cheers Mark ;)

I presume theirs a light, however when I turn the key initially and all the other lights do their self test, I do not see a yellow fuel light in the bottom right cluster - should their be one? Im wondering if my bulb has gone and it should already be on?

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
RobS said:
cheers Mark ;)

I presume theirs a light, however when I turn the key initially and all the other lights do their self test, I do not see a yellow fuel light in the bottom right cluster - should their be one? Im wondering if my bulb has gone and it should already be on?
If its not showing up when you turn the ignition on then its probably broken, i would get that looked at.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Checked mine earlier, it doesn't come on with ignition and mine definitely works.

RobS

Advanced Member
Well I have confirmed I have a problem. Needle resting on top of the red line, in alignment with the last pip in the Black, and tonight the car would not start, sounded bone dry.

Went to the petrol station and got 4.5 litres of V Power in a jerry, started after a second. Put a further 47.5 litres in at the same petrol station, so that equals 52 litres in total?

So it appears my gauge is not showing empty properly, and my indicator light either has a broken bulb or does not think I am empty yet.

Thoughts guys? Cheers

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
sam g said:
sounds like your car has been clocked and the needle hasn't been put back on in the correct place.. lol
How do you get the car being clocked from the cluster being out? I recently had to take mine out to sticker it up for mot...

Tit

kazmo

Advanced Member
Nickyyy said:
How do you get the car being clocked from the cluster being out? I recently had to take mine out to sticker it up for mot...

Tit
so what you're saying then nickyyy is that these cars would never be clocked? And how is that then??
It's quite possible is it not? You should lighten up a bit, or are you on your period..

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
No you idiot im saying that because your fuel needle isnt showing as empty doesn't mean your car is clocked.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Mine usually comes on after the missus has been driving it.
Allergic to petrol stations.
Going to be even worse when I get the teg.

kazmo

Advanced Member
Nickyyy said:
No you idiot im saying that because your fuel needle isnt showing as empty doesn't mean your car is clocked.
my word you're an angry little man...

had you bothered to read what i said, if the needle had been fitted back on wrong it was possible that it had been clocked previously and not that it had definitely been...

there are not many reasons for removing the needles

sam g

Banned
CaLi said:
Why would you even remove the fuel needle to clock it?
you need to remove them to split the dial face from the pc board to get to the chip, well thats what the facelifts are like anyway... i presume the pfl are similar.

RobS

Advanced Member
Mike.A said:
Why do you even need a light? When the needle is near empty fill up. Simple.
It just bothers me to know a function of the car does not work I suppose, that and its now difficult to know exactly how much is left of the tank as it was on the last blackpip above the red line for a while before it ran out.