Where can i find a good ground wire kit for a k20a2 engine??

Roog91

Hi there,

My mate is looking for a nice long and good ground wire kit for his FL ep3 type-r. He has seen a red kit (like the one on the pic) on a dc5 before but he is struggeling to find that one on the web. What type of ground kit do you guys recommend/use?? and where can he purchase one?

Roog91

wocka said:
Sorry off topic but what are the advantages of these kits?
This is what i found on the site of buddyclub....
Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser II's main function is to make the vehicle stable voltage, even if the alternator load increases. With the Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser II, vehicles are still able to supply a stable voltage electrical equipment.

Benefits include, faster throttle response, improved idle stability, enhance efficiency air-conditioning compressor, audio noise reduction, reduced fuel consumption and so on. The unit also lights up in BuddyClub Blue at night, to improve engine bay dress up and look.

New Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser II is more smaller in appearance then the original design featuring a rounded appearance and more pronounced wires with transparent coating. Once connected to power, the unit will light up in blue.

Roog91

linh-ej9 said:
Buddyclub spec condenser is a nice kit
Thanks for the tip!!

Any one else? I would like to make a small list of kits, so he can compare them.

Rob R

Advanced Member
There used to be a guy on CTRO who made them up in whatever colour you wanted.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Personally I wouldn't bother! Just renew your existing honda earths if you're that bothered.

Rom

Advanced Member
Make your own earths up, from somewhere like http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/

Im skeptical at best about earth kits. The components need certain voltages to work, if your earths are so bad they arent getting it, sure, replace them.
But i wouldnt expect any noticable gains at all.

An ecu wont tolerate voltage spikes, it will be getting pretty stable 5v and 12v feeds already, or it wont work properly.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
thats the main benefit of the buddyclub condenser type system, (a car audio cap can also work) is that it smooths and maintains the voltage the ecu sees.

the problem with jap cars is they always seem to have lots of earths, its not easy to tell if one of the connections is poor so it seems to me (and i think Rom) the people marketing the kits rely on people fitting kits and then feeling a benefit which they probably wouldnt have had if the original ones were all in great condition.

the honda electrics are generally very good and these cars have very few electrical faults , the fd2 and dc5 we run in 24hr series etc, both have oem wiring harness without extra earths

Roog91

Rom said:
Make your own earths up, from somewhere like http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/

Im skeptical at best about earth kits. The components need certain voltages to work, if your earths are so bad they arent getting it, sure, replace them.
But i wouldnt expect any noticable gains at all.

An ecu wont tolerate voltage spikes, it will be getting pretty stable 5v and 12v feeds already, or it wont work properly
Thanks for the useful tip.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Mine had an earthing kit when I bought it. Wires were all red, hated the look so removed them. Made no difference that I noticed.

donzooo

Advanced Member
The way I see it an earthing kit is only going to mask the symptoms of your original earths becoming degraded with age and you should look to remedy this instead of just treating the symptom of a potentially bad problem.