where can i get a bra for my teg?

linzi94

Advanced Member
yeah but i dont know what cup size my car is im afraid.

my mate sent me a link to a site but they dont ship outside america :?

Zero7

Advanced Member
Trung said:
If anyone is interested I can get hold of these from mid Jan.
Do you know what they cover? I am assuming it's the front bumper, part of the wings and bonnet.

Suped

Advanced Member
car bras cover the front bumper only. Some bra's like on veedub bugs cover the bonnet also. But its the nasty black leather colour that is very off-putting. :x

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Don't do it, unless just for going to shows etc.

My wife had one on her Mustang for a while, it trashed the paint, if anything, dust/dirt etc gets behind it .then it rubs the paint, our problem in the UK is when out in the rain, as our roads are so sh***y the debris on the back was like grinding paste. car now needs a respray.

They generally would cover front bumper completely and leading edge of bonnet.
If you do have to get one only buy one fron Acura Usa as it will be the best fit.

A very good alternative is a new product from 3M (i Think) which is clear and very tough. Basically a sticker covering the front of the car, its virtually unnoticable.
Possibly a dealer option on new porkers :?:

Zero7

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Don't do it, unless just for going to shows etc.

My wife had one on her Mustang for a while, it trashed the paint, if anything, dust/dirt etc gets behind it .then it rubs the paint, our problem in the UK is when out in the rain, as our roads are so sh***y the debris on the back was like grinding paste. car now needs a respray.

They generally would cover front bumper completely and leading edge of bonnet.
If you do have to get one only buy one fron Acura Usa as it will be the best fit.

A very good alternative is a new product from 3M (i Think) which is clear and very tough. Basically a sticker covering the front of the car, its virtually unnoticable.
Possibly a dealer option on new porkers :?:
I know the stuff you mean, you can get them for Lotus's etc,, you can barley see where is stops and it protects the front of the car from stone chips etc..

linzi94

Advanced Member
that clear film stuff your talking about was available from tinthaus (leading dealer approved tinting company up here) but they couldnt say if when polishing the car that there wouldnt be a big "outline" where the film stopped. also, you couldnt clean the car with certain things and had to use a special product for cleaning the filmed part of your car.

the bra i saw on the rsx was a full front bumper and 1/4 hood cover and over onto the front edges of the wings - it wouldnt be a permanent fixture - just for travelling the 300 odd miles to JAE and countless other shows.

Trung - i PM'd you on hondarevs.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
They are not easy to fit and remove as they are a really really tight. (have to be tight so they don't flap) to fit you need it to be really warm, lay the bra on grass etc for a couple of hours so it goes really soft then struggle like hell to get it on.

They are great in the states where its generally warmer, there used to be a company here (down south i think) that made custom ones for Bugs etc.

Good luck :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Just noticed your location.....

You might be able to microwave it to soften it up.. :wink:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Just go to your nearest M&S and ask for a 67 JJ Size :lol: Might have a bit of a lacy edge you'd have to trim off to stop it fluttering about scratching the paintwork.

That should fit the standard nose of the TEG. :lol:

Or you could find your nearest S&M leather outfiters and get one 'special' made :lol:

crxvtec

Advanced Member
I had a bra (original Honda one) on my CRX - it looked shit and actually did more damage than the stones would have done. You get shit trapped under the bra that sits and scratches the paintwork, the bra pops off at speed (wish they'd all do that!) and bang against the bodywork til you slow down and refit it, and if you don't garage your car, the paint on your bonnet fades faster than the bit under the bra so when you finally take it off, you get this strange line across your bonnet as proof there was once a bra there (think tan line - cos that's basically what it is).

I'd say live with stone chips, if you can. If you can't, then go for the 3M clear foil (advertised in most car mags - might be under a different name but essentially it's the same product).