Where do I start?

JDC5

Charged DC5
Well as the topic says really..... Where do I start as the car has been in the garage for about 8 months now and it's time to get the car back on the road. In the past I had made sure I came to see the car and kept it running for about 10min and then locked it away but with my DC5 I haven't manage to do this due to my job.

Also, I know leaving the car off road for this amount of time is bad so what damages would I have done?

I need like a checklist of things to do or things I need to do and check or replace.

Here is an idea of things I have planned to do - (car has about 85k on the clock)

Full Engine oil change and oil filter change
Change spark plugs
LSD oil change (what oil do I use?)
Replace clutch and flywheel and replace oil
New brake disc and pads all round
Replace engine mounts

How is the petrol still in the car... Useable?

Thanks all

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Petrol will be fine but I would still fill it when you bring it back on the road.

If it was mine I would do a full service:
Oil & Filter
Gearbox Oil
Coolant & Brake Fluid
Plugs & Filter

What condition are the brakes In.. When mine was off the road it was in a garage so brakes didn't see any bad weather and were still in good condition. I wouldn't bother with mounts unless there already worn or perished.. Clutch will still be fine as leaving it sitting wont really effect it.

JDC5

Charged DC5
Well the brakes are due for a change and the rain did damage them abit, I am using a car cover however that doesn't cover the wheels

The clutch was slipping so that's due for a change too, the charger seems like its eating it away, but this is my daily drive and I do get stuck in traffic a lot . The carbonetic single carbon fibre clutch is not good for road/start stop traffic at all lol

davidpingu

Advanced Member
As above but also check the tyres as the rubber can crack and perish and I'd be having a good look underneath for any signs of corrosion too I think.