Where do the OEM tweeter and speaker wire split?

rotabeast

Hey guys,

I'm going to replace the front OEM speakers and tweeters with this. (Focal PS165FX)

I did a quick check and when I opened up the right-side tweeter cover on the dash, there was a clip connected to the cover with yellow/green & red/grey wires IIRC.
I didn't remove the door card to check the door speaker, but doing some research on the web seems to point to the fact that tweeter and door speaker share the same wires (correct me if I'm wrong...)

I've seen a few people have used this Focal setup before, and I'm wondering how you separated the tweeter from the door speaker in your crossover? Whereabouts can you split them to feed them into the correct inputs of the crossover and at the same time also place the crossover in a convenient place? How has anyone done this with OEM wiring?

Hope this makes sense :)

kneedowndean

Advanced Member
Interested in this, about to do mine. Mine doesn't have standard tweeters so think that will be more straight forward.

rotabeast

Cool.

I was thinking that if I can find where the wires split, I can feed them in as inputs into the crossover, and then run speaker cable from the outputs to the tweeter and speaker locations.

On the RHS, I might have access to where it splits behind the cluster. I'll open it up next week and report back.
On the LHS, I'm fairly sure it splits underneath/behind the glovebox, near where the ECU is located.

subtronics

Advanced Member
I have recently fitted the same speakers mate, check out my post under Kenwood head unit.

I ran new speaker wire into the doors, and used the speaker wire that comes soldiered on to the tweeters to run to the crossovers which I put behind the dash.

​Let me know if you got any questions if you haven't already fitted them.

​I would also recommend a decent amp to power them, they don't sound as good as the standard speakers otherwise. :)