Where the **** is it!

Allen

Advanced Member
Done a big service on my car yesterday, oils, plugs, filters etc...
Had a little problem when i got to the fuel filter... I cant find it!!
Traced the fuel lines but still nothing.

:? :-k :xconfused: :xhuh:

dp9901

Advanced Member
its part of the fuel pump sender unit.you have to remove that from the fuel tank strip it down and replace the filter part :D

Zani

Advanced Member
I'll do it for you... just a three hour drive to Slough for you? haha.

I did it on mine for the first time, took me two hours. (next time should take less then an hour)

.. If you take your time and just be careful its actually a really easy job!

mikegsi

Staff member
easy job to do, i replaced mine when the clips came off from the fuel pump

did you get the bits for service from dave at steels honda? just you'll need to replace the rubber seal from the top of the tank..

first thing is run the tank as low as you dare, the less petrol in there the easier it'll be

did mine by taking the rear seats out first,

use a block of wood and hammer to free the cap up, its on tight and your meant to use some special honda tool to do it, but i managed just fine with a bit of wood :wink:

unclip the connectors on top of the cap, be careful not to snap them though as your meant to replace them too (i didnt) and think about putting the fuel line ends in plastic bags to stop any dirt getting in.

when you lift the cap off (cant remember if filter/pump is attached to cap or not) you'll see the filter/pump set up, held in a white plastic carrier.

obv be careful removing the clips and connectors, from what i remember they were a bit of a pita but take your time and it'll come

have you got a copy of the service manual for reference?

Allen

Advanced Member
No i got everything from Opieoils.
My mate thats a mechanic helped me do the service.
Havent got the service manual either. Any ideas where to get one?

mikegsi

Staff member
dont buy one off ebay, they're out there, got mine from www.hondahookup.com

if you struggle giz a shout and i'll try and get a copy to you, its a little too big to email over

Allen

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
fuel filter is 75k/6yrs mate afaik (mileage might be 70k)
Mines due then, try and tackle it this weekend :?

ejwillistyles said:
Out of interest what sort of condition were the fuel filters in when you removed them?
Let ya know if i ever get it out :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
ejwillistyles said:
Out of interest what sort of condition were the fuel filters in when you removed them?
mine was immaculate, but the car had only done just over 30k :wink:

Grangey

Advanced Member
i change mine every service, theyr not overly expensiv and if it stops shite getting into my engine then its worth the money imo

mikegsi

Staff member
Grangey said:
i change mine every service, theyr not overly expensiv and if it stops excrement getting into my engine then its worth the money imo
have you changed it every service on the teg so far?? :shock: :shock:

really over the top unnecessary, honda recommend every 75k, so even every 35k is more than enough, but every 12k!!! do you also do more regular oil changes (every 5k or so??)