Where to buy front bearings

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I paid £75 each for my last ones, is this the going rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Ring Dave at Steels. He's the cheapest around for most oem stuff and you'll get 10% forum discount

Type K

Advanced Member
im sure i paid a fair bit less for mine from a motor factor. can find out for you if you want

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Ring Dave at Steels. He's the cheapest around for most oem stuff and you'll get 10% forum discount

Can you post his contacts please mate, I'm on my phone

im sure i paid a fair bit less for mine from a motor factor. can find out for you if you want

Yea please mate, as long as they can deliver before 7th Sept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

davidpingu

Advanced Member
If you buy from a motor factors the quality can be questionable in comparison with Honda oem. Some parts are worth getting Honda quality and I'd say bearings are one of them simply because of the labour involved in the work. Would you want to pay for the job to be done every two years with cheaper parts or every five and pay a bit more.

I have Dave on speed dial, think I'm his most regular buyer!

01432 267154 - just a thought, could we have a sticky thread for the common traders? Like a directory? It's just I've pasted this phone number so many times I'm beginning to feel like those men in moustaches :D

Type K

Advanced Member
the ones i used where good branded (oe spec) ones,i didnt just go for cheap and cheerful as im rebuilding my whole car with new parts. but its a personal thing some people only do oem but i cant justify some of the prices on the teg as they are ridiculous for a 2.0ltr honda

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Type K said:
the ones i used where good branded (oe spec) ones,i didnt just go for cheap and cheerful as im rebuilding my whole car with new parts. but its a personal thing some people only do oem but i cant justify some of the prices on the teg as they are ridiculous for a 2.0ltr honda
If it's oe quality it shouldn't matter. Blueprint parts are essentially the same thing. I've just heard horror stories (not just about honda) where people have skimped on cam chain and tensioner and...... We'll you can guess what happened! So long as the quality is there it's all good :)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I think a directory would be a nice feature. Ordered tie rod ends.. hope they're the right parts, he only told me I need 'new track rods' I think.. ?

Just waiting for Dave to get off the phone so I can order some new bearings! :xaiweb5:

Thanks for your help David

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Infact he can't even beat the £75 that I paid for my previous 2? Dunno how JM got them so cheap?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Most likely not genuine Honda. I only mention this as someone was complaining recently how a set of bearings on lasted them 2 years so they must have been knock off Nigels in their case! Tie rod ends sound right, the ends are the only consumable part really. Make sure alignment is checked when they get changed or your toe will be as straight as Luis Spence

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Most likely not genuine Honda. I only mention this as someone was complaining recently how a set of bearings on lasted them 2 years so they must have been knock off Nigels in their case! Tie rod ends sound right, the ends are the only consumable part really. Make sure alignment is checked when they get changed or your toe will be as straight as Luis Spence
Damn, alignment, that's another £30 :p Fuck

brucey87 said:
I bought a koyo one from japserviceparts for around £35 I think. koyo actually make bearings for Honda anyway apparently

http://japserviceparts.co.uk/integra/honda-integra-dc5-type-r-2001-on/honda-civic-type-r-ep3-s2000-integra-dc5-wheel-bearing.html
Half the price!? Missed out there :(