Where to get lowering springs fitted??

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Hi guys just wonder if anyone can reccommend where to get my lowering springs fitted? got a quote from SCA Rally and they wanted £150 + VAT + Wheel alignment :eek: which seems a pretty steep to me! help would be appreciated :D

Coomya

You could try autotest in norwich (up by the airport) they're the best people in norwich for wheel alignment and i'm sure they could fit the springs too.

most garages will charge about £40-£50 per hour for labour, and fitting springs will take about 3-4 hours.

Have you considered fitting the springs yourself?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Garages always charge silly amounts for springs. Alot do not prefer to do it as they are fitting not manufacturer parts. You are best off getting a friend to do it on the cheap or do it yourself. I rate my mechanical knowledge at 1...out of 100 and ive been able to do it with help from a friend. Nothing more enjoyable than spending a day tinkering with the car, just need the right tools. Main thing being a spring compressor - can be bought online for £20 or £30 from Halfrauds.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
call Gary at AP Tuning, they are at.

Unit 16 Shepherds Business Park
Norwich Road
Lenwade
Norwich
NR9 5SG
ENGLAND
Telephone:+44 (0)1603 870990
Email:sales@ap-tuning.co.uk

they are good friends of mine (from the MLR) and one of the top evo tuners in the country will have no problem fitting your springs, tbh i think the price at around 150 is about right.
if i was doing it at home it would take about 2 hours but i have done it several times before

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
call Gary at AP Tuning, they are at.

Unit 16 Shepherds Business Park
Norwich Road
Lenwade
Norwich
NR9 5SG
ENGLAND
Telephone:+44 (0)1603 870990
Email:sales@ap-tuning.co.uk

they are good friends of mine (from the MLR) and one of the top evo tuners in the country will have no problem fitting your springs, tbh i think the price at around 150 is about right.
if i was doing it at home it would take about 2 hours but i have done it several times before
Yer i have heard of them, well do you live local? do you fancy doing it for me cash in hand haha ;) i would rather not do it myself to be honest!

Stoo

Whining.....
It took me 2 hours from start to finish the other day to clean up some oem shocks, fit eibach springs to them, remove the coilovers from my car and fit the Oem shocks.

No air tools, no ramp.
Hand tools only and that time includes jacking up and taking wheels on and off!

No Spring compressors required either.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
It took me 2 hours from start to
Finish the other day to clean up
Some oem shocks, fit eibach springs to them, remove the coilovers from
My car and fit the Oem shocks.

No air tools, no ramp.
Hand tools only and that time includes jacking up and taking wheels on and off!

No Spring compressors required either.
Really? thats pretty good going stoo, maybe ill have a go at doing them myself we will see...