Where to get the windows tinted?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Hello,

For all you non C-Pack people...where did you get your windows tinted?

Also, did the dotted area on the rears cause problems? I know it generally looks lighter where the film doesnt stick down properly.

Cheers,
Nick

Gary

Advanced Member
There's plenty of places that do tinting, just do a search for one near you, but you've already made the right decision in getting it done professionally!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I've tinted two cars previous and they have turned out very good...no bubbles or creases. But this time I want it done professionally :)

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
i know a place in basildon that did my front two yesterday..

£25quid a window...!

Suped

Advanced Member
Tom @ TGM in fleet does window tinting, found out today whilst visiting there.

Nick, u want to try www.autoshades.com, did all me windows on the teg for a real GOOD PRICE.

mikegsi

Staff member
looks nice but you might find yourself getting pulled over with that.............

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
That does look very nice....but I dont want anything that will get me into trouble

I might give Tom a shout :)

Suped

Advanced Member
to be safe, go for the light-medium tints and make sure the tinters test and pass the window before you leave.

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
looks nice but you might find yourself getting pulled over with that.............
aye, bit dark i agree - is meant to be medium like my CTR was..

but just put the windows down everytime i see police lol :D

Plus for 50quid for the pair it just had to be done..

My place does do light smoke too..

Gary

Advanced Member
On Autoshades site it sez that you cannot have any tint at all on the windscreen or front windows but I thought that on previous threads where this was discussed the police were only doin people for havin over 20 or 30% tint cos that was the legal limit is that not the case or has the law changed :? ???

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Don't know why Autoshades has that on their site, the law as it stands doesn't bar tints, just anything over 30%

C&U# Regulation 32 does not specifically prohibit any window from having a tinted film applied, but a window with a tinted film which takes light transmittance levels below those specified above could be interpreted as contravening the Regulation.

If a vehicle's windows were excessively tinted by the use of stick-on film or a spray, there may be a contravention of C&U# Regulation 30. This requires that all glass or other materials fitted must be maintained in such a condition that it does not obscure the vision of the driver. Again, it does not specifically prohibit those windows from having a tinted film applied, but doing so could be interpreted as contravening the Regulation.
From the DfT website who i'd much rather believe.

crxboy

Just checked the regs (bored at work). The way I see it, the most important point to note is that the 70% light transmission thing applies to all windows except:

"windows through which the driver when in the driver's seat is unable at any time to see any part of the road on which the vehicle is waiting or proceeding"

In other words, if you can see the road through it, you can't black it out (beyond 30%). Just checked mine, and i can see at least part of the road through ALL of the windows, without leaving the seat. :shock: :?

At the end of the day, only a court can decide whether you are within the law, but is anyone willing to challenge the opinion of Mr over zealous Policeman? The choice is yours!!! :wink:

Archie

Advanced Member
Rob CTR said:
mikegsi said:
aye, bit dark i agree - is meant to be medium like my CTR was..

but just put the windows down everytime i see police lol :D

Plus for 50quid for the pair it just had to be done..

My place does do light smoke too..
Rob who did it for you ?? have you got a number :D

Thanks Andy

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
crxboy said:
At the end of the day, only a court can decide whether you are within the law, but is anyone willing to challenge the opinion of Mr over zealous Policeman? The choice is yours!!! :wink:
very true thats why for 50quid i dont care if i get told to remove my fronts :D

archie the number is 07961 542533 and his name is terry - place in basildon. Well decent chap