Where's best to buy various mods for the DC5???

Coomya

Hi

I've owned my DC5 for a couple of months now and i'm looking to put together a shopping list and start doing a few engine modifications. I want to stay n/a so i will be looking for the following:

RBC or RRC manifold or similar
Larger throttle body
Uprated cams
Exhaust manifold/decat
Induction (possibly something custom rather than the gruppeM).

also K-Pro or K100

After owning an Impreza for quite a while i was shocked to discover a number of websites which turned out to be run by cowboys, who would promise the world and deliver nothing or something which turns out to be far from what was advertised.

I'm just looking for a few recommended websites/garages which you guys and girls may have saved in your 'favourites'? Or equally just a list of places to avoid?

At present my car is pretty standard apart from a fujitsubo catback exhaust and eibach springs on standard shocks.

Sorry if this has been asked before?

Thanks

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Hi, here's my recommendation of the places i been to so far.

Funky power - good service and price so far.

Hendy performance - again i would recommend.

Unit 8 - a few delays and but sorted in the end.

Tegiwa - pretty good

Stoo

Whining.....
Whereabouts are you located??

If you are in the South, I wouldn't take my car ANYWHERE else other than TGM for anything mechanical or paint based.

Tuning wise, I'm biased, but I would say wait for MASE to come over, or TDi North are very popular.

North based, Unit 8 come VERY highly recommended too....

Coomya

Cheers guys

I'm based in Norfolk.... so middle of nowhere really :xlol:

The car has been serviced at TGM.... so i'll continue that tradition.

I think i'll try the local stealer for the manifold, then see if anywhere else can beat it.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Dave at Steels Honda for standard Honda parts.

Hendy, for standard parts and some other aftermarket items (I believe they're good for all things Spoon).

TGM can get hold of all sorts of parts, don't just think of them as a garage.