Where's the Engine number..?

mikegsi

Staff member
couldnt tell you mate, my log book doesnt have the engine number listed either........

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
If you look down onto the block, next to the G-box under the throttle body its stamped onto a farly easly visable flat raised section. You will read it really easly if you remove the black rubber intake pipe.
Good luck, Dunx

92VTEC

type-r-dunk said:
If you look down onto the block, next to the G-box under the throttle body its stamped onto a farly easly visable flat raised section. You will read it really easly if you remove the black rubber intake pipe.
Good luck, Dunx
Are Type-R engine numbers registered in a database somewhere ? For instance if you buy a type-r from a previous owner how can you tell if the engine in the car is actually a type-r engine and not a regular rsx integra engine from japan ?

cheers

dan the man

Advanced Member
is there not a plate on right hand side of the engine bay with chassis no and engine no on
>?

corbie

Advanced Member
92VTEC said:
Are Type-R engine numbers registered in a database somewhere ? For instance if you buy a type-r from a previous owner how can you tell if the engine in the car is actually a type-r engine and not a regular rsx integra engine from japan ?

cheers
I don't know about a database but the proper JDM engine would be a K20A- and the RSX/Intergra Type S would be a K20A2-

The red rocker covers are easily bought so you can't count on that.

NZITR

Advanced Member
Mine has a sticker with it on the side of the head, near the ABS unit. Never seen it on the block but never really looked for it.

92VTEC

It seesm that is is hard to tell..................I know from the outside the K20 type-r, the K20 type S and the K20 JDM integra all look the same. I just want to know if possible one can tell a type-r from the others. I know it's mostly internal differences............higher lifting cams, ported head, titanium valve springs, close ratio gear box and a lighter flywheel..........but they all look the same on the outside........!!! That I do not like.......... I wouyld hate to get a type-r body, type-r interior type-r exterior and a regular K20 integra engine........ :(