Which 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold?

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Right guys, need some opinions.. i have looked through a couple previous threads but only see ones about exhaust..

I'm getting a custom catback done and want to decat and change the 4-2-1 manifold..

The options are:

1) custom by solid fab
2) tegiwa
3) dc sports
4) skunk2
5) japspeed

seen alot of people with the japspeed and dc sports but always hear about their flexi blowing even during warranty period..

been recommended tegiwa one as its a rep of toda but has a 4-6 week wait at the moment..

heard nothing about skunk2... anyone want to give me a review on this?

out of the above, which would you go for yourself?

appreciate any help given. thanks!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Personally out of those, I'd go with a Solid Fab custom, that way it can be made to your exact requirements.

If that's not an option and wait isn't an issue Tegiwa would be my next bet, Granted it's a replica but It's proven to provide reasonable power.

I've heard Skunk2 is good for power also but, they can hang quite low and fitment isn't always perfect...But that's just what I've read.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I run the dc sports mani on mine and have had it on for couple years now with no issues.I ran the mount inserts as recommended and now uprated mounts and have not had any flexi issues. I always rev match my gear changes anyway so no violent downshifts to put strain on it. Just seen a 540 hp rotrex civic type r running a dc sports mani too so it can't be that bad. It's cheap but does the job very well. If I had more money I possibly would have bought a tegiwa one being a toda copy but I really doubt I would have noticed the difference.

Rom

Advanced Member
Id go custom, or Tegiwa, but only as its a Toda rep.
I have no idea of prices of the ones in the list. But personally I run a Buddyclub.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
What cat back are you getting?

I'm selling a plm header and 3" cat back as a package!
custom one by FL Performance.. thanks for the offer though

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Id go custom, or Tegiwa, but only as its a Toda rep.
I have no idea of prices of the ones in the list. But personally I run a Buddyclub.
Price wise, japspeed is cheapest around £250? DC Sports is around £350? Others around £450-£500

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Personally out of those, I'd go with a Solid Fab custom, that way it can be made to your exact requirements.

If that's not an option and wait isn't an issue Tegiwa would be my next bet, Granted it's a replica but It's proven to provide reasonable power.

I've heard Skunk2 is good for power also but, they can hang quite low and fitment isn't always perfect...But that's just what I've read.
ah.. don't think i'll go with skunk2 then.. need good fitment and my cars quite low as it is.. don't want to scrape more.. lol