Which brake fluid?

sinbad

Advanced Member
ATE super blue brake fluid
motul RBF 600
Castrol SRF

Depends how much you want to spend and its use.

khizwork

Thanks man

I dont mind the cost as long as its the best one for my car. Use is just daily use, on average i been driving 80 to 100 miles a day. not too tempted to leave it parked up all afternoon lol

sinbad

Advanced Member
khizwork said:
Thanks man

I dont mind the cost as long as its the best one for my car. Use is just daily use, on average i been driving 80 to 100 miles a day. not too tempted to leave it parked up all afternoon lol

Motul, Castrol, AP racing fluid are all good for track work, its were you'll only see the added benefit of the extra cost. The ATE racing blue is pretty cheap but is more than adequate for fast road use. my mates Evo uses it on track so you know its upto the job. For your use id recommmend you use this and change it roughly every year.

khizwork

Thanks mate !

I just checked for it, there are to ATE fluids:

ATE Super Gold Racing Brake Fluid & ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid.

which one is the right one for DC5.

sinbad

Advanced Member
khizwork said:
Thanks mate !

I just checked for it, there are to ATE fluids:

ATE Super Gold Racing Brake Fluid & ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid.

which one is the right one for DC5.
NOTE: ATE makes a blue fluid and a gold fluid (identical except for color) so that you can see when the fresh fluid reaches the caliper when you flush your brake system. ;)

khizwork

thanks

and jus 1 more question lol

do I need to empty the current fluid and fit it up again or just add to the old one

Thanks

sinbad

Advanced Member
khizwork said:
thanks

and jus 1 more question lol

do I need to empty the current fluid and fit it up again or just add to the old one

Thanks

You need to bleed the brakes, basically changing all the fluid in the brake lines etc.. Now you could quite easily get a garge to do this for you, or with the help of someone else look at this guide and do it yourself.
http://www.mcr-vtec.co.uk/forum/topic2244.html

If you dont do this then the new fluid will be contaminated with the old fluid and not provide any benefit at all. Bleeding the brakes flushes out the old and dirty fluid whilst replacing it with your fresh new ATE racing blue fluid.