Which brand of front speakers are you running?

jown

Advanced Member
Its probably been asked 100 times but I've run into this issue when trying to fit some Vibe Slick7 6.5" speakers (even tried them in the rear and they wouldn't fit)

The reason I went for 6.5" because it had some old alpine or pioneers (front & back) very shallow speakers and 1 is blown so its time to replace, its also got adapters fitted

Can someone recommend something that's half-decent without costing £200+

Thanks

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
So I’ve had a mare with rear speakers this month. 6.5” speakers come in 3 sizes, despite the name! 16, 16.5 and 17cm speakers all fall into this category.
I can’t speak for the fronts as I’ve not done anything there (yet) but for the rears I’ve fitted a pair of JL Audio 16cm speakers that are almost drop-in (slight bend needed on 2 mounting lugs but it’s a piece of cake. They were £65 so not too bad. Fronts I presume will be components due to tweeters in the dash.

jown

Advanced Member
So I’ve had a mare with rear speakers this month. 6.5” speakers come in 3 sizes, despite the name! 16, 16.5 and 17cm speakers all fall into this category.
I can’t speak for the fronts as I’ve not done anything there (yet) but for the rears I’ve fitted a pair of JL Audio 16cm speakers that are almost drop-in (slight bend needed on 2 mounting lugs but it’s a piece of cake. They were £65 so not too bad. Fronts I presume will be components due to tweeters in the dash.
Thanks, wasn't too sure and are you running them straight off the head unit?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
i've got DaytonAudio DC160-4's in mine. 40 Euros each from Soundimports. The mid bass on them is really good.