which coilovers are good for DD and also occasional racing

redeemed316

yo what up dc5 members .i just got my 04 type s . i love it so far but i want to put coilovers on her, i have done some research on function form type 2 , buddy club , and tein . i mostly want ones that would be good for daily driving but on occation are good when i smash ,but very rearly . please help me out i dont want crap on my car .Thank you all.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
go for buddy club. how about introducing yourself in the newbies section?

Allen

Advanced Member
I wouldn't recommend coil-overs for road use. Sounds to me a set or Spoon/Eibach springs and fast road set up would suit you a lot more.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Eibach Pro Springs and standard shocks, give a perfect ride with good handling. I have these with uprated ARB's and it corners like a dream.

I would never put coilovers on a road car, just too harsh and you can't go as low as you want because of the speed bumps over here.

redeemed316

lol my bad yall .my whole dc5 is stock except for my skunk2 cat back 70mm and a injen sri (going to go cold very soon ) yeah i went to a meet last night and one of my friends with an 06 type s just put somr eibach sportline springs on his they looked very good .it actuallt looked flush with his car ,and i went for a spin in it ....wow it handled very well . i think im going to just go with sprungs for now until i save money up for coilovers .....hey one more question guys ....do any of you have the eibach sportline springs on stock sixteen inch rims and wheels ? or how do you guys think it would look ...my friend that had the springs last night had 17in rims and wheels ..i dont.I dont want a big gap from my wheel and fenders ...all you help is appreciated .

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
This is a club for the type r , we don't have much info on the rsx as we don't have them here (UK)