Which coilovers?

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Just wanting opinions from people that have tried either 6two1 coilovers, D2, BC or yellow speed. Only using them for street, won't be going anywhere near track as its my daily :) also if anyone else knows of any for around £700 get in touch :D

spooke

Advanced Member
I would say there probably isn't much between them.

I've always heard bad things about D2's regarding their quality, BC and Yellow Speed get good reviews and the Civic Cup uses Yellow Speed, so I'm sure they are good enough.

The 6TWO1 seem to be getting good reviews too,I'm looking at Yellow Speed or 6TWO1 myself... They seem to be the best for the price range.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'd be looking at the Bilstein setups that some users on here have gone for recently - James-T I think. I'd personally say its probably the best suspension for daily use.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
I'm thinking either 6two1 or yellow speed. Done a little research on the D2 and I'm steering well clear!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Yes lots of good reviews for the bilstein b14 (fixed damping but height adjustable).

They are for the ep3 but people fit some washers/shims to make them fit. Looking at about £900 though then any extras on top such as camber bolts, adjustable rear arms and geo...

This will be my choice of setup next year, i find my current bc racing coilovers too firm and have knocking from the fronts.

spooke

Advanced Member
With the Bilstein's doesn't changing the ride height affect the spring pre-load? The only downside to the Meister R's is that you have to run EP3 Tie Rod ends afaik... and from what I've been told you don't with the Yellow Speeds or 6TWO1.

kammy11

Advanced Member
Going to be doing the same in the next few months. Looks like either 6two1 or YellowSpeed for myself too!

Hard to choose, part of me leans towards YellowSpeed but I can't put an answer on as to why :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Looked into them both and there's not much between either of them. I'll probably go for the yellow speed ones when push comes to shove! Bilsteins sound good but I'm not wanting to put that much into it. Already have camber bolts and arms so just need spacers and a geo :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
I've got the yellow speeds. Fantastic set up for fast Road, and generally not too harsh on daily roads. Much softer than buddy club n+ anyway

antisanta

Advanced Member
I've just got some BCs fitted by Area to replace the Eibach springs I had on before hand. Getting the car back tomorrow so I'll update with how it feels. CANNOT WAIT.

Rob R

Advanced Member
I had Bilstein B14s fitted and found them excellent. You get what you pay for.....

adam.

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
I had Bilstein B14s fitted and found them excellent. You get what you pay for.....
100% this.

I've done cheap/taiwanese coilovers on other cars before, and had B16's on mine for a few months now. Wouldn't bother with any other brand now.

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader
One of the reasons to consider Yellow Speed over others is that the European warranty has now been increased from 15 months to 18 months. Thats 6 months longer than any other direct competitor brand manufactured in Taiwan - so Meister R, BC, 6two1, D2 etc