Which discs an pads to go for

Mattcivic

Hello all, looking at getting new discs an pads all round. It has Honda oem all round an I'm looking at upgrading. The car will be used ocassinal track day but is also used as a daily car at the weekends, I've always had the Ferodo ds2500 on my civics, just wondering if there's a better choice to go for? Thanks in advance matt

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
If we can help we sell both the Hawk HP+ and the Endless MX72 which would be a step up from the DS2500 but not an all-out track pad.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Stevie

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Eight Speed said:
If we can help we sell both the Hawk HP+ and the Endless MX72 which would be a step up from the DS2500 but not an all-out track pad.

Stevie
i have hawk hp and fin d them pretty good, but how do these compare to the DS3000?

spooke

Advanced Member
OEM Honda Discs and Project Mu NS400's work great! Very little brake dust too :) Hendy's Performance sell this combo.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
spooke said:
OEM Honda Discs and Project Mu NS400's work great! Very little brake dust too :) Hendy's Performance sell this combo.
Yeah this ∆∆∆∆ Am running OEM discs with project mu HC800 front & NS400 @ the rear can't fault them

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
i have hawk hp and fin d them pretty good, but how do these compare to the DS3000?
DS3000 is a track compound and takes more work to get to temp. Eat discs too.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Eight Speed said:

Stevie
I've got Hawk HP+ on OEM discs and the stopping is incredible once hot, starting to notice now though that they're not as good from cold as they were when I first had them on a few months back but a few pumps of the pedal sorts them out.

Great when you're on a blast and inspire so much more confidence when braking.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
I've had two sets of Dixcel M Type pads on my DC2 in the past and have been well pleased with them so plan to try the DC5 version of them when mine are due for replacement.

They have pretty good initial bite (although not as good quite as good as the carbon ones) and having done a couple of track days and few laps of the ring I never once experienced brake fade. The tyres (normal road tyres) used to overheat before the brakes did.

Also they are low dust which are ideal for white wheels :)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I'm on dixcel ES front and back. Very good pads!

Dust is far far less than others and stops well ;)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I've got the Project Mu NS400 up front and new OEM discs, they are nice under the pedal from cold so normal driving you can can get a nice slow brake and bite hard if I slam the pedal.

No track usage though so I guess I'm recommending the brand more than anything else as that's what the Project Mu NS400 specs say and it matches pretty close, plus the added bonus of low brake dust is a win!

Completely stock at the rear.

I will be tracking it this year so will see how they hold out before moving up the product range.

adam.

Advanced Member
Eight Speed said:

Stevie
Any chance you can share the part numbers / pad shape? :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I'm on dixcel ES front and back. Very good pads!

Dust is far far less than others and stops well ;)

Also using this setup but with Dixel discs up front too, very strong stopping power with little dust. Changed from ds2500 which were also very good but started getting noisy toward the later part and the dust was quite bad. Will be sticking with Dixel for a while

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Mine squeak a tiny bit when in traffic and warm, but barely noticable.

I can't see me using anything else in the near future at least.

Compared to OEM brembo pads, these inspire great confidence and plenty of feel!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
The one provided mate. I would add more, but it's only every now and then so hasn't annoyed me enough yet :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh right I was going to say I didn't bother with the packet, just caked it on with my own stuff. As long as its not bothering you that's all that counts.... They work haha.

Or, just thought your still using OEM discs aren't you if I remember correctly? when you need replacements get the Dixel ones to go with it, they work well :)

Teggs

Also had DIXCEL's on my DC2, and can echo comments above, good stopping, relatively low dust, maybe only downside is that they were slightly less effective than OEM when cooler, but if you're upgrading pads that should not even be a concern!!