Which exhaust?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:
Yeah I love the slanted look on the exhausts. When you mentioned yours started to fail, how did it affect the performance/noise?

I would assume it could be repaired? (i.e replace the exhaust cotton or something in the back box itself?) - obviously done by someone who can cut and re-weld - like Alan @ Solid-Fab.
Yeah it could be repaired buy anyone who can get it re welded, i did it to mine but i got students to do it at work, (work in a college) and they forgot to repackage it so its silly loud...pretty much zero silenceing atall, just pipe haha.

Yeah the baffles collapsed and all the wadding blew out the back, and the bit left rattled around in the chamber of the b pipe like a cow bell. Was highly annoying. Once i got that cuf out and removed and effectively making it unsilenced bpipe it sounded awesome, really noticeable gargling on overrun with a few pops...brilliant fun...then the backbox did the same.

I will get it re done properly as a nostalgic thing,...came over on the car and was quite rare, but since the students repaired it i got a flange remade so it mates to oem and haven't gone back to them to open it up and re pack it again. I will do one day. Bought a Toda instead for a change. :)

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yeah it could be repaired buy anyone who can get it re welded, i did it to mine but i got students to do it at work, (work in a college) and they forgot to repackage it so its silly loud...pretty much zero silenceing atall, just pipe haha.

Yeah the baffles collapsed and all the wadding blew out the back, and the bit left rattled around in the chamber of the b pipe like a cow bell. Was highly annoying. Once i got that cuf out and removed and effectively making it unsilenced bpipe it sounded awesome, really noticeable gargling on overrun with a few pops...brilliant fun...then the backbox did the same.

I will get it re done properly as a nostalgic thing,...came over on the car and was quite rare, but since the students repaired it i got a flange remade so it mates to oem and haven't gone back to them to open it up and re pack it again. I will do one day. Bought a Toda instead for a change. :)
Sounds like you got a good deal using your students lol.

It sounds like an awesome exhaust, and its difficult to decide unless you have heard these at car shows or meets. I might see if i can find one and import it from Japan.

- anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread Nails!! but its all good info for you too hopefully! :p - I really like the sound of the spoon exhaust as well, but I really dislike the way they look!

kyle'87

Advanced Member
nails said:
Thanks, that's really useful. It doesn't sound as loud as I remember when it goes into vtec. How do you find the exhaust overall?
With the cat and OEM 4-2 manifold it isn't all that loud in fairness. It is a very well made and good quality cat back system that still looks OE, I'm not a fan of the large open ends.

I am going to be recording some footage of how it is now, sometime soon, before swapping the Spoon 4-2 and 2-1 for either a BuddyClub 4-2-1 or the Solid Fabs setup.

phillll

Advanced Member
I have a Kakimoto Mega N1, brutally loud on vtec with the backbox insert out.
Louder than my old unsilenced spoon system on the EP3 and on par with my friends old buddyclub.

Here's a quick comparison video with and without the silencer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j03-2b0euI

Looking at getting a new system soon, no idea what this one is worth though.

nails

Advanced Member
phillll said:
I have a Kakimoto Mega N1, brutally loud on vtec with the backbox insert out.
Louder than my old unsilenced spoon system on the EP3 and on par with my friends old buddyclub.

Here's a quick comparison video with and without the silencer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j03-2b0euI

Looking at getting a new system soon, no idea what this one is worth though.
Sounds great on idle, with and without the silencer. Is the mega supposed to be the quieter version of the kakimoto?

phillll

Advanced Member
nails said:
Sounds great on idle, with and without the silencer. Is the mega supposed to be the quieter version of the kakimoto?
No idea!

I had a Regu06&r on my s15 and it was really quiet so i'm guessing this may be one of their louder ones?
I think RHD Japan has the noise info on all the exhausts available.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Every time I hear my RM01A I like it even more. Such a subtle yet fantastic sounding exhaust that screams when you push it. No drone either which is a bonus, even mated to my DC manifold.

yn08_teg

Hi guys,

Just a quick question on the old Kakimoto Regu catback system. I am due to pick my car up soon and have yet to hear the exhaust. From what I have read, it seems to be a fairly popular choice with some good reviews. What are people's opinions on it? I am really hoping it doesn't have that horrible fart can sound like some of the Civics have - my apologies if anyone on here used to have one like this! :xaiweb6:

Cheers

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
i had a toda manifold with a mugen twin loop.. nice sound on idle and low speed and plenty of noise in vtec.. then i fitted my buddy club spec iv and on idle and low speeds id actually say it was quieter then the mugen.. measured at 82db static at 4k revs.. but floor it and it changed to an almost bike like tone.. got all the bits for sale too

crasherkid

Advanced Member
yn08_teg said:
Hi guys,

Just a quick question on the old Kakimoto Regu catback system. I am due to pick my car up soon and have yet to hear the exhaust. From what I have read, it seems to be a fairly popular choice with some good reviews. What are people's opinions on it? I am really hoping it doesn't have that horrible fart can sound like some of the Civics have - my apologies if anyone on here used to have one like this! :xaiweb6:

Cheers
Hi
I had a brand new Regu 06&R installed on a stock manifold/cat, just had an induction kit.
To me, the Catback was just barely louder than OEM, intact inside the cabin I could barely hear it or notice a difference but apparently it sounded good from the outside.
So just to experiment, I removed the B pipe and replaced it with an un-silenced pipe and my god totally transformed the sound. Much more aggressive and a beautiful tone, the overrun was just pure eargasm. I don't have clips of the Catback but there a few on YouTube, I do have clips posted somewhere on this board of the Regu with the un-silenced middle pipe.

yn08_teg

crasherkid said:
Hi
I had a brand new Regu 06&R installed on a stock manifold/cat, just had an induction kit.
To me, the Catback was just barely louder than OEM, intact inside the cabin I could barely hear it or notice a difference but apparently it sounded good from the outside.
So just to experiment, I removed the B pipe and replaced it with an un-silenced pipe and my god totally transformed the sound. Much more aggressive and a beautiful tone, the overrun was just pure eargasm. I don't have clips of the Catback but there a few on YouTube, I do have clips posted somewhere on this board of the Regu with the un-silenced middle pipe.
I just have the Kaki 06R catback system and everything else exhaust wise is stock. On normal driving it sounds pretty standard but if you open the car up a little then you can definitely hear the difference.

Overall I'm very impressed with it so far, although as time goes on I may yearn for something a little more bonkers!

Midnight

Advanced Member
Problem is the ITR isn't really a car you want to scream about on the roads and it doesn't have the 400bhp+ to warrant such a sound.

However the Kakimoto is nice on the spirited drives and as already stated barely louder than OEM for the less shouting moment. Think we'll be going catless/manifold next to release a few more bhp as well as a bit more tone in the mid range.

Wouldn't hesitate to have another Kakimoto Regu however we have been there and done that will the lairy exhausts.