which is the better quick shift b/m or the buddy club??

paul 16v

Advanced Member
hi
just wondering which of these is the better one?

also how hard are they to fit??

thanks in advance
paul

sn:afu

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
personally B&M by far, much better quality and great shifting.
Are the B&M ones similar to the buddy club ones in that they reduce both side to side and up and down movement (couldn't think of the techincal terms :oops: )?

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
Haven't tried a BC one but I have a B&M in my 5 and its awesome, however imo its far too expensive for what it is... I think the BC is better bang for buck no?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the B&M uses your oem shifter housing with a new stainless steel machined lever and components in anodised blue aluminium, you get an option of two positions both which reduce the throw by moving the pivot point, you also get spacers to lift the housing an inch which will put the shifter closer to the steering wheel if you want to fit them.

The BC uses a completely new moulded housing and a lever with a slotted tag welded on to move the pivot, unless you get the cable perfectly aligned in the slot and done up tight enough not to move in the slot you could get mis shifts, which ultimately could damage your gearbox.

I have personally adjusted two BC shifters during trackdays as the bolt has come loose

for this reason i would pick the B&M every time.