Which LED Sidelight Bulbs?

The Mighty Clam

Hi all,

Thinking of replacing the standard 'yellow' sidelight bulbs as my OCD doesn't like them not matching the HID's.

Which ones of the two bulb options below would you go for - the cheap option or the Philips ones? I have had issues in the past fitting cheaper LED bulbs in that they often seem to flicker, or not connect as crisply as the standard bulbs, so wondered if forking out a bit more would be better?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-5-SMD-LED-Xenon-White-LED-501-T10-W5W-Interior-Light-bulbs-SUPER-BRIGHT-/330908390293?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0bad5395

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-XTREME-VISION-501-LED-360-W5W-T10-CAR-BULBS-FULL-RANGE-4000K-6000K-8000K-/251885857706

Cheers all

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Historically eBay ones always fail but they are cheap...

I would go for some in between price wise. As £15 seems a bit steep

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
I have used the ones you posted they will start to flicker after some use. Spend abit extra for the Philips xtream 6k ones.

The Mighty Clam

Yeah I think I'll fork out for decent ones, the amount of packets of cheapo 3 quid LEDs I've bought over the last few years, I could have just bought some decent ones that lasted longer and are generally more hassle free.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
yep i think i will do the same then.

but maybe get em off amazon, at least you got some sort of returns function in case the expensive ones fuck up then!

The Mighty Clam

Nice one mate, although I'll get them off ebay, couple of quid cheaper plus they come with a 12 year Philips guarantee! Should last a bit longer than half an hour. I'll post some before and after pics when I get them through.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
The Mighty Clam said:
Nice one mate, although I'll get them off ebay, couple of quid cheaper plus they come with a 12 year Philips guarantee! Should last a bit longer than half an hour. I'll post some before and after pics when I get them through.
ye mate pics would be good, nice one

jay.dee

Advanced Member
linh-ej9 said:
I have used the ones you posted they will start to flicker after some use. Spend abit extra for the Philips xtream 6k ones.
I have the Bay 'cheap' ones as per the first link too getting on 2 years now and they are still going strong.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
The Mighty Clam said:
you fitted these yet mate?

any pics

The Mighty Clam

Here we go, put them in yesterday. The amber ones were in there before but now it give a much cleaner look. The LED light is nicely dispersed as well, not like a massively bright pinprick of light that looks a little chavvy.