Which new tyres?

Fin

I am looking to buy four new tyres for the Teg. I don't want anything too cheap or anything mega expensive either.

What would you guys recommend.

Cheers Paisano's!

Fin

premadonna555

Advanced Member
I'm a fan of Toyos and currently running their new Toyo Proxes4. Can't fault them at moment. £75 a tyre delivered next day from ebay.

JT3173

Advanced Member
premadonna555 said:
Are Potenza RE070's available in the UK? Didn't think they were . . . :?:
Certainly are mate, OEM fit on the 2.5 STI Scoob last year!

redcap

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Eagle F1 GSD3s. Best all round tyre for the Teg I've used.
Yep and a good price at about £80 each.

I have the RE050's at the moment, I'm very happy with them, a good alrounder at about £88 each i think i paid.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I'm Running RE070s aswell, awesome all round tyre, great in dry,wet and track, still have quite a stiff sidewall so gives positive feedback and they look cool to :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
I'm Running RE070s aswell, awesome all round tyre, great in dry,wet and track, still have quite a stiff sidewall so gives positive feedback and they look cool to :)
But they are over £100 a corner aren't they?

tron2k3

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
tron2k3 said:
But they are over £100 a corner aren't they?
Fitted they are yes, but worth the money imo

George K

Advanced Member
Autobild magazine recently carried out a test in Germany of our specific size and rating 91Y on a Corsa HPC (same as VXR) and their results in order were:

Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical - glowing report - (not yet available in UK, due to run out stocks of F1 GDS3, but now listed by MyTyres @ £105 excl fitting)
Hankook K110 - Evo V12 - just fitted - paid £85.50.
Pirelli P Zero nero
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
Kumho Ecsta KU 19
Continental Sportcontact 3
Michelin Pilot Exalto 2
Nokian NRY
Toyo Proxes T1-R
Marangoni Mythos
Yokohama S Drive (Equal best in dry - but as so often seems to be the case, poor in the wet -)

FTBBCRedline

Just had Goodyear F1 Assymetricals fitted up front.

Run them in and gave them a boot. Cannot fault them whatsoever.

Much better than the Avon ZZ3's which were on there before and better than the T1R's I used to run on my old DC2 and my old S2000.
:D
£105 each fitted.