Which pack is my dc5?

darrenk

Just as the topic title says as I'm a little confused. I have done a search and I no what the c pack is but I am confused as my dc5 is a 2001 model which has standard tints, hid headlights, red recaros, Original flare, rear wiper but it doesn't have a rear washer jet, push button start or folding mirrors.

So not sure if I have an A or a B pack instead or if it has had a pack boot lid fitted? Anybody have any idea or no if they are stamped on the car anywhere to what pack they are?

dotty

Advanced Member
darrenk said:
Just as the topic title says as I'm a little confused. I have done a search and I no what the c pack is but I am confused as my dc5 is a 2001 model which has standard tints, hid headlights, red recaros, Original flare, rear wiper but it doesn't have a rear washer jet, push button start or folding mirrors.

So not sure if I have an A or a B pack instead or if it has had a pack boot lid fitted? Anybody have any idea or no if they are stamped on the car anywhere to what pack they are?
If it has no folding mirrors it is not a C-pack.. it has a rear wiper but no rear washer? most bizarre :?

darrenk

Yeah I thought it was a bit weird. It is wired up and works fine and everything but it isn't on a standard switch. Do non c packs have a bung or grommets in the glass where the rear wiper goes? It dosent look like it has been changed as there is no additional wiring or anything and it does not have any signs that the bootlid had been taken apart to put a motor in. Just seems very odd to me.

darrenk

Just don't really understand why someone would change the boot lid just to have a rear wiper as it's handy to have but a lot of hassle and money to change and wire in. I think I will take apart the console where the switch is which is in the right place (where the push button start would be) and see what other connections there are and how it is wired in and what other connections are behind there.

dotty

Advanced Member
Perhaps the previous owner had his windscreen put through and sourced the glass from a scrappy, as they are hard to come by new, well they take ages to come through. I have had a look and all the cars that came with a rear wiper had the washer jet as standard too!

Rear wiper is controlled on the same stalk as the front wipers.

darrenk

Yeah I suppose it could have been but must of happened in japan as I have spoke to the 2 previous uk owners as I wanted to find out a little more about it and they didn't say anything.

I always thought that they had a button next to the coin holder and immobilizer. I'm almost sure I have seen one wired in that way on here or somewhere. I have had a good look and haven't seen another 5 with a rear wiper and no washer jet so guess it must have been changed at some point.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
As standard the rear wiper is controled by the left stalk, with the washer being an extra function on the stalk aswell, i don't see why they would have it anywhere else personally. So i think your car may have had it fitted after it was made.

darrenk

Yeah it must have been Just found it a bit odd. Thanks for all the replys. Very helpful as always.

madrab

Advanced Member
where is this rear wiper controlled from?

could be possible someone removed the washer jet, as sometimes they can leak

but as above if its not controlled from the stalk then its been added at some point