Which Tuner

Zero7

Advanced Member
I want to take my DC5 to a tuner to have the following done:-

fit a Gruppe M induction kit, Tein HA Coilovers, AP Disks and pads, Toda Mani and Toda Exhaust, I will also be looking at installing a K-Pro and having it mapped at the same time (However I'm still toying with the Toda stroker kit so might wait on the KPro).

I am equidistant to TGM and system-R and both appear to be very good at what they do.

Anyone had experience of both companies (please feel free to PM if you don't want to talk openly).

Not sure where to take it. :?: :?:

Zero7

Advanced Member
Thanks Livvy,

I could also have the modes done at one place then the mapping carried out at Thor racing as they are only 3-4 miles away from where I live. Anyone had experience of Thor?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If you fit a manifold your car will be very lean, you should fit kpro at that time.
System -r and Tgm are both very good the only difference being Tgm can't do the Hondata Map.

jonster

Advanced Member
CPL for power mods and tuning. Done great work for me. I've heard System-R are good too but I've not had anything done by them.

TGM for suspension + brakes and everything else.

If I was to do everything all over again I'd go ther supercharger route with low (safe) boost. You'll get more power and not have spend money on the best NA bits to do it (ie GruppeM + Toda header + Mugen Twin-loop cat-back).

I would : Jackson SC + Jackson header + Stock cat-back + 2nd hand Mugen intake or Stock + Spoon drop-in with 5Zigen.

If you touch the internals (ie stroker kits and cams) it gets very expensive with labour costs.

Jon

User

Advanced Member
Sys R have done all the work on my car - certainly well recommended.

C&S - Not so sure about the DC5 running "very" lean with the manifold - lean yes, but "very lean" - no.

:)

Zero7

Advanced Member
Thanks guys,

I'm going to stay NA as I feel it's what the car is all about, I've had my fair share of turbo'd cars. I'll probably go to system-R as they will be able to fit the mods and do the mapping to.

Gary

Advanced Member
Jonster do'ya really regret keepin the car NA??? I know it's more expensive to get the power this way but I agree with Zero and Honda :wink: on this and it's probably why SystemR have kept their Civic NA and helped develop the stroker kit and have you not noticed how many owners struggle to sell their FI DC5's :?:

Evs

Advanced Member
I've used TDI North (aka System-R) for exhaust fitting, suspension alignment, and K-Pro, and was very pleased with them. Haven't been to TGM so can't really compare the two though.

mikegsi

Staff member
i'll be going to system r as its only about 2hrs away from me, unfortuneately tom is about 4 hours away from me!

CleRICK

Advanced Member
I've been told by a very reliable source (a couple of mates who used them) CPL - that's who they recomended for me for fitting of cams and setup of k-pro.

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Gaz - I don't regret the NA route. I just think I'd get more at the end of the day for less money with a low boost SC. It shouldn't change the character of the car as much as turbo would and have less heat issues. If you consider that to do cams and/or stroker kit needs major engine-out and tonnes of labour to do it, compared to a replacement to your intake manifold, it's a lot less effort.

Jon

Sara

Advanced Member
The fact that Tom (TGM) takes his race DC5 to System R for mapping and that the System R sponsered EP3 goes to TGM for track preparation speaks volumes for both companies concerned....... 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
certainly does, thats a good reason why im hapy taking mine to system r for the work! :D

Gary

Advanced Member
Sara said:
The fact that Tom (TGM) takes his race DC5 to System R for mapping and that the System R sponsered EP3 goes to TGM for track preparation speaks volumes for both companies concerned....... 8)
Yeah there is no doubt that both outfits seem to have the upmost respect for each other and therefore get on very well in fact cos Paul & Mark are too far away for me they're gonna do a KPro and a recent map from a DC5 with the same mods as mine probably from one of our members cos Mark said the maps are getting better each time and send it down for Tom to fit :D