Whine after new chain, tensioner & guides

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Evening all,

Just after any advice really!

Changed my tensioner, guides and chain on Sunday. Car runs so much more smoothly, installation went well will all torque figures etc used.
I can hear a whine which I'm sure wasn't there before, i made sure the chain was on the guides correctly etc when fitted.
Could this be a running in thing as everything is brand new? Anyone else had this? ...that's assuming it is to do with this!

Thanks

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Don't know if this might help but sometimes on start up I can hear a whine/whistle type noise, which eventually goes away. I've been told its coming from the power steering pump.

Regards.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Don't know if this might help but sometimes on start up I can hear a whine/whistle type noise, which eventually goes away. I've been told its coming from the power steering pump.

Regards.
I thought I had re-primed the pump, but it could be this as I did take the hose off! I'll have another go at it.

Thanks

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Is there a bleed point on the rack? The pump was full when I took the hose off so air must of got in from the hose to the rack itself?!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i think the power steering system is self bleeding, few turns lock to lock should do the trick