White rims on a black car? *now fitted*

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Reckon this would go well?

I'm buying some TD 1.2's in white later on today, was initially only after them for the tyres but it's got me thinking.

I've had the black ones on for a year now and I'm kind of bored of them. Reckon this would suit?

Or should I get them sprayed in graphite grey? Can't be many graphite grey 1.2's about!

EDIT

Fitted:

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
only DC5 colour that white wheels wont look good on is silver.

I'm tempted to get mine re-sprayed white too.

other colour that looks good is a dark/black chrome

Evs

Advanced Member
You must have seen mine with the TE37s on Chris?

I didn't really like it myself, but lots of other people did :lol:

There's a pic on here somewhere I'm sure, if not then definitely on TRO from one of the S Wales meets.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I do remember. I think Kirbie has white ones as well.

I'm just bored of my black ones. Fancied a change of wheel but I like the TDs! :lol:

Picking them up later and getting them fitted. Will get some photo's up!

Evs

Advanced Member
I have a feeling they might be the very same wheels that you were thinking of buying off me years ago. I could be wrong though... :?

Evs

Advanced Member
They were, but Mike bought them, painted them brown, then sold them to Steve, who sold his car... etc... :lol:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Evs said:
They were, but Mike bought them, painted them [/b]brown, then sold them to Steve, who sold his car... etc... :lol:

:lol:

Oh right! Well they might be getting painted Bronze or Graphite.

Yeah was '07 as I was still with my wife at the time and I remember her moaning about wanting to buy wheels when the ones on the car were "perfectly fine" and shopping was more important. Dozy bint! :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
I think grey would look good, I'd planned to do that when I wore the tyres out but never got that far :lol:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Evs said:
I think grey would look good, I'd planned to do that when I wore the tyres out but never got that far :lol:
I'll see what I do. Got lots of stuff that needs to be done to the car before eg service, O2 sensor, change suspension, fit mani, fit KPro, etc etc... you know the score! :lol: